Steinras - Self titled debut. It's like some sort of black metal all stars project. Killer artwork.

IRON MAIDEN - Piece Of Mind (1983)

UTUMNO - Across The Horizon (1993) 

Corrosion Of Conformity - Deliverance
Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie...
Life Of Agony - Broken Valley

Broken Valley is such an under appreciated gem of an album. They should have knocked their reunion on the head after it though.

Wolfsbane - Live Fast, Die Fast
'tallica - 72 Seasons (won't happen again for a few years)
COC - Deliverance
Flotsam & Jetsam - Cuatro

#13550 July 08, 2024, 08:47:57 PM Last Edit: July 08, 2024, 08:51:54 PM by Thorn
Took the new Vircolac (7/10) to bed after work this morning, it's been getting a lot of spins this year in fairness, would have liked another track on it but it's a uniquely crafted and enjoyable album, particularly like Darragh's vocals,the attention paid to enunciation and delivery really helps nail the songs into your head.
Up this evening to find some on sale stuff from Svart through the door, Krisiun, Intronaut and Skinlab records for a measly 50 bucks.
Krisiun's  'Assassination' (6/10) isn't overly exciting but the Motorhead cover at the end (Sweet Revenge) has sparked an interest that may lead to an Eoin Mc Love size rabbit hole. Onto Amazon and there's a Bomber vinyl for sixteen bucks. Hmm? Motorhead cherry popped at 48 years of age? Because of a bargain basement Krisiun record?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

DESULTORY - Into Eternity (1993)
CARBONIZED - For The Security (1991)
COMECON - Megatrends In Brutality (1992)

In a bit of an auld school Swedish mood again.

Mournful Congregation - The Book Of Kings

Wouldn't normally be blasting the funeral in July....but fuck this weather this morning !

Back to work yesterday after a week off so needed plenty of tunes to get me through the day. 

Liege Lord - Burn to My Touch (banger - right up my street.  Now to buy their other two albums). 

Octoploid - Beyond the Aeons (saw the art, saw that someone from Amphorus was involved, so I purchased the CD - it isn't bad but really not an essential purchase). 

Wraith - Fueled By Fear (another new release purchased on CD, but this time I actually heard a track before buying. Really solid and enjoyable thrash release - on first listen it has a strong Seasons/South of Heaven influence)

Tangerine Dream - Encore (Live 1977)

Stress Angel - Bursting Church

Riot - ThunderSteel (been listening to this constantly recently, seriously good album).

Sabbat - The Dwelling - The Melody of Deathmask

Burn to My Touch is savage. It was a bit of a blind buy for me and I think it's a winner.

Next up...

Machine Head- Burn My Ears. Long time since I've put this on but it popped in hi my head.

It's dated terribly but at least it's better than Supercharger.

I never heard Supercharger.

Esoteric - Paragon of Dissonance

Getting back into the oul funeral doom after not listening to much of it in the last few years.

Esoteric are a band I'd heard a lot about, but had never listened to, so I bought Paragon and Ahab's 'The Call of the Wretched Sea'. Mighty stuff.