Quote from: open face surgery on May 29, 2024, 08:58:18 AMWhy not indulge yourself in the lyrics?

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nile/chapterfornotbeinghungupsidedownonastakeintheunderworldandmadetoeatfecesbythefourapes.html

Hahahahahaha holy fuck, had to look up that that wasn't a joke. I just seen the other day they posted "Can you guess the new sing name, the clue is CNBHUDSUMEFFA" I thought it was going to be an anagram of something.

Ok I lied, last 2 for the road

Amorphis - The Karelian Isthmus

Quote from: Pentagrimes on May 29, 2024, 08:48:02 AMThis morning so far I've mainly just been listening to the sound of my own laughter after reading the title of that new Nile song

You know that bit in The Mummy when yer man is all like "YOU MUST NOT READ FROM THE BOOK!"

Well Karl Sanders does. All the fucking time 😂

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 27, 2024, 01:44:01 PMI listened to the song Melt the Crown by Anciients just now. Never heard them before but they sound really good. Man, those clean vocals are a ringer for Jerry Cantrell and the death vocals are pure Ackerfeldt. Tasty playing that's technical without losing sight of the song. I must investigate further.

I had never listened to them either. Put on that single yesterday. Thought that it was great also.

Good shout.

Coroza - "As Within".
Conan - "Monnos"
Anciients - "Heart Of Oak" - this is what I love about this place, never heard of these boys til McLove mentioned them.

#13058 May 29, 2024, 03:58:32 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 05:59:09 PM by The Wretch
CLOVEN HOOF - The Opening Ritual (1982)

Mike Scalzi is definitely a fan of early Cloven Hoof.

Xasthur - The Funeral of Being

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 27, 2024, 01:44:01 PMI listened to the song Melt the Crown by Anciients just now. Never heard them before but they sound really good. Man, those clean vocals are a ringer for Jerry Cantrell and the death vocals are pure Ackerfeldt. Tasty playing that's technical without losing sight of the song. I must investigate further.

They only have the two albums out and can't go wrong with either. Always thought they're a bit of a mix of Blood Mountain Mastodon with the more proggy side of Enslaved

Gave Hushed and Grim another lash during the week. Some great tunes but a few chores. As is often the case with a dlp, it would've made one good album.

#13062 May 29, 2024, 07:33:19 PM Last Edit: May 29, 2024, 07:42:16 PM by The Wretch
GREAT WHITE - Great White (1984)

I always liked this album, but sometimes I forget about it. Thankfully it just turned up in one of the videos by guitar youtuber 'Dunsys Guitar World' where he demonstrates some really great simple riffs suitable for beginners (or bass players like me who like playing guitar) so I said I'd give it an aul spin again.

This is from when they were more of a metal band. Infinitely more interesting than that blooze rawk stuff they got into later on IMO.

Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 29, 2024, 02:55:23 PMCoroza - "As Within".
Conan - "Monnos"
Anciients - "Heart Of Oak" - this is what I love about this place, never heard of these boys til McLove mentioned them.

I didn't mention them, I responded to someone else! But yeah, gotta give them a proper go.