Pyriphlegethon - Rivers of the Infernal Kingdom.

Druben - Volden er Naturens Mejsel
Draug -   Drift into my place of terror
                In Glorification of Dark Legions
                Their Darker Dreams

Drastus - La Croix de Sang

BLACK SABBATH - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973)

Cracked and put on the new Pallbearer record - "Mind Burns Alive" instead of waiting for it to arrive in the post.

I've given it two full listens and turned it off halfway through the third. 

Initial reaction is that I wish I hadn't bought it. It's very weak and rather boring.

That import duty fee is going to sting harder this time.

RUSH - Caress Of Steel (1975)

Mourning Beloveth - Rust and Bones
Mystic Circle - Mystic Circle
Riot - Thundersteel
Givre - Le Cloitre
Coroner - Punishment for Decadence

Quote from: StoutAndAle on May 27, 2024, 10:15:49 AMCracked and put on the new Pallbearer record - "Mind Burns Alive" instead of waiting for it to arrive in the post.

I've given it two full listens and turned it off halfway through the third. 

Initial reaction is that I wish I hadn't bought it. It's very weak and rather boring.

That import duty fee is going to sting harder this time.

I've seen very strong reviews of this record. I was very underwhelmed on first listen.

#13028 May 27, 2024, 01:30:59 PM Last Edit: May 27, 2024, 01:37:18 PM by StoutAndAle
Quote from: Don Gately on May 27, 2024, 12:42:36 PMI've seen very strong reviews of this record. I was very underwhelmed on first listen.

Same. I've read several glowing reviews myself. I can't see where they're coming from at all. It's insipid and bland.

I listened to the song Melt the Crown by Anciients just now. Never heard them before but they sound really good. Man, those clean vocals are a ringer for Jerry Cantrell and the death vocals are pure Ackerfeldt. Tasty playing that's technical without losing sight of the song. I must investigate further.

DANZIG - Danzig (1988)

Mare - Spheres like Death / Throne of the Thirteenth Witch comp

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 27, 2024, 01:44:01 PMI listened to the song Melt the Crown by Anciients just now. Never heard them before but they sound really good. Man, those clean vocals are a ringer for Jerry Cantrell and the death vocals are pure Ackerfeldt. Tasty playing that's technical without losing sight of the song. I must investigate further.

I've not heard the new tune but Heart of t
Oak is an enjoyable spin.

Quote from: The Wretch on May 27, 2024, 11:42:10 AMRUSH - Caress Of Steel (1975)

I've tried so many times with this (huge Rush fan, A Farewell to Kings is so close to being my favourite album ever), but it has never clicked. The Foundation of Lameth in particular (despite loving their prog excess everywhere else in their discography).

Quote from: Ducky on May 27, 2024, 11:33:13 PM
Quote from: The Wretch on May 27, 2024, 11:42:10 AMRUSH - Caress Of Steel (1975)

I've tried so many times with this (huge Rush fan, A Farewell to Kings is so close to being my favourite album ever), but it has never clicked. The Foundation of Lameth in particular (despite loving their prog excess everywhere else in their discography).

I've heard that a lot, and the band don't seem all that fond of it either. Personally, it is one of my favourite albums.