Quote from: Thorn on May 17, 2024, 05:10:40 PMDeep Purple - In Rock 9/10
Right back to the roots of it all with this legendary, milestone record

Still my favourite album of theirs, although 'Burn' runs it a close second. I love the riffs, guitar tone and overall sound and vibe of that album. Everything up to 'Stormbringer' and then later on 'Perfect Strangers' is the absolute fucking business as far as I'm concerned. But as long as it has Blackmore, Lord and Paice, I'd be happy to listen to it.

Just noticed they have a new one out in July ,hard to look past that run of albums you mention though
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

The single isn't much cop sadly. I can't say any of their stuff over the last few decades has appealed to me to be honest.

Aye ,it all went a bit Dad rock alright :laugh:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

GRAND MAGUS - Iron Will (2008)

Quote from: The Wretch on May 17, 2024, 06:34:21 PMGRAND MAGUS - Iron Will (2008)

Great album, 'Remind me to always remember' is fairly daft lyrics though

Quote from: 91/30 on May 17, 2024, 07:46:56 PM
Quote from: The Wretch on May 17, 2024, 06:34:21 PMGRAND MAGUS - Iron Will (2008)

Great album, 'Remind me to always remember' is fairly daft lyrics though

:laugh: I was only thinking that there as it was playing.

For a long time I was sort of underwhelmed by a lot of their stuff, I felt like they had the "right" influences and had something special but hadn't quite got it right yet, but the last few years listening back to all of their stuff, they really clicked with me, and now I absolutely love them.

I really wish there was someone else to do backing vocals live though. Mats couldn't carry a tune in a bucket.

Quote from: The Wretch on May 17, 2024, 05:18:48 PM
Quote from: Thorn on May 17, 2024, 05:10:40 PMDeep Purple - In Rock 9/10
Right back to the roots of it all with this legendary, milestone record

Still my favourite album of theirs, although 'Burn' runs it a close second. I love the riffs, guitar tone and overall sound and vibe of that album. Everything up to 'Stormbringer' and then later on 'Perfect Strangers' is the absolute fucking business as far as I'm concerned. But as long as it has Blackmore, Lord and Paice, I'd be happy to listen to it.

Highway Star helped get me interested in rock music, and I first heard it on Rock'n'Roll Racing on the SNES. Happy memories  :abbath:

https://youtu.be/cmD9xPpK5d4?si=xE8XueNcPNe7gJbY

Only got into these guys about a year ago, but every song they drop is an absolute banger.

Saw em live about 2 months ago, apart from the abysmal sound in the venue they were unbelievable

Fantômas:S/t & Directors Cut.
A very good mail day indeed!

Proclamation - Messiah of Darkness and Impurity

Host- IX
Tarot- The Warrior's Spell.

Quote from: MadnessOpus on May 17, 2024, 08:19:19 PMhttps://youtu.be/cmD9xPpK5d4?si=xE8XueNcPNe7gJbY

Only got into these guys about a year ago, but every song they drop is an absolute banger.

Saw em live about 2 months ago, apart from the abysmal sound in the venue they were unbelievable

Nice one man, that's right up my street, thanking you.

Faith No More: Angel Dust

I've loved it for 30+ years but listening to it through decent headphones has opened it up so much...

MOTÖRHEAD - BBC Live & In-Session (2005)

Disc One: In-Concert - Live From Paris Theatre, London (16 May 1979)

'Overkill' tour. Absolutely storming stuff.