Faith No More: The Real Thing

His vocals are divisive but it's hard to top this album.

Tonight's playlist so far. On a roll with the USPM/Speedmetal masterclass.

I dont know why that Chastain album doesn't get more praise, it's a ripper.

Cool album cover. I have listened to bits and pieces by them but nothing ever grabbed me.

Up next: US and Euro recordings of OBC Back to Back (Wax Maniax DLP)

The 'terrible' US one reigns supreme for me though  8) 

Quote from: Eoin McLove on May 18, 2024, 09:25:34 AMCool album cover. I have listened to bits and pieces by them but nothing ever grabbed me.

Yeah I've had this a while and haven't given it much time but tonight it's really doing it for me. I've heard parts of Voice of the Cult and never delved further but this one rules.

Voice of the Cult is the only one I have ever owned, never got round to delving into them any further. 

Those other three albums are bangers!

Witchcraft - Black Metal
Sign - Live: The Eastern Forces of Evil 2022
Violent Sin - Serpent's Call
Nocturnus AD - Unicursal

Quote from: Mithrandir on May 18, 2024, 08:55:15 AMTonight's playlist so far. On a roll with the USPM/Speedmetal masterclass.

I dont know why that Chastain album doesn't get more praise, it's a ripper.

Mind wars , great stuff and Twist Into form too.

#12938 May 18, 2024, 01:39:16 PM Last Edit: May 18, 2024, 01:49:40 PM by Eoin McLove
Slidhr- White Hart!
Moonfog- Demonbreed. I think this demo is really good, even if I didn't think so when I heard it years ago. Great sound on it (production might be an overstatement in this regard).  Really cold and biting guitars,  clear drums and gravelly/froggy vox. It sounds like a well captured rehearsal- raw and clear. I must see if I can get my hands on a copy. Sure it deserves a reissue. I wonder if the 3rd demo still exists somewhere out there.

Black Witchery - Evil Shall Prevail
Genocide Shrines – Manipura Imperial Deathevokovil
OOTDH - Vril Blitz Ultima
Cavalera - Bestial Devastation
Negative Plane - The Pact
Nocturnus - The Key

All this talk of Irish metal has got me spinning these two crackers again.

STEREO NASTY - Nasty By Nature (2015)
STEREO NASTY - Twisting The Blade (2017)

ACCEPT - Objection Overruled (1993)

MERCYFUL FATE - Melissa (1983)

You knooooooooow, my only pleasure, is to hear you cryy-hiiiii...

Quote from: mickO))) on May 18, 2024, 02:03:07 PMGenocide Shrines – Manipura Imperial

What an album, been trying to track down a copy of the LP with no luck, another one I regret not buying at the time

Quote from: Mithrandir on May 18, 2024, 11:17:16 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on May 18, 2024, 02:03:07 PMGenocide Shrines – Manipura Imperial

What an album, been trying to track down a copy of the LP with no luck, another one I regret not buying at the time

Just secured a copy of it myself today. I put off buying it for ages then by the time I tried to get it nobody had copies left.