Firepower is probably the best of them, but it still does fuck all for me really. I'd rarely feel the desire to put any of them on if I'm honest.

I always liked Nostradamus. I thought Firepower was great and it was cool that almost every song from it got played live.

Quote from: Don Gately on April 23, 2024, 09:38:26 PMJudas Priest- Nostradamus....
Saw a review recently where this album was praised and gave it a spin tonight while cutting the lawn.
It's fucking fantastic lads.

Put Firepower on while cutting the lawn. You'll mow down trees and all.

Nostradamus has some good songs, but it's the filler that's the albums killer for me.
Ambitious, but they fell a bit flat with it. And yes, it probably doesn't deserve the hate it receives.

For me Firepower was decent but there would be only a few songs I'd return to. Angel I would have above Redeemer but all would be 3 star max. Invincible Shield has a bit more going on but I wouldn't be shouting from the rooftops either about it.
Then again I would be more of a 70s Priest fan. Even Painkiller wouldn't be near my top 5

Witchcraft- Sadomythic Temple demo.

Bit of a mix of stuff. 

Crypt Sermon - The Ruins of Fading Light
My Dying Bride - A Mortal Binding
Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss
Sorcerer - Reign of the Reaper (don't think this is as good as their earlier albums).
Magnum - The Monster Roars

#12561 April 24, 2024, 11:10:03 AM Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 11:36:54 AM by The Wretch
Quote from: Don Gately on April 24, 2024, 07:59:58 AMFor me Firepower was decent but there would be only a few songs I'd return to. Angel I would have above Redeemer but all would be 3 star max. Invincible Shield has a bit more going on but I wouldn't be shouting from the rooftops either about it.
Then again I would be more of a 70s Priest fan. Even Painkiller wouldn't be near my top 5

Same. Stained Class, Sin After Sin, Sad Wings Of Destiny have long been my favourites. There is a dark, arcane vibe to that era that is missing from the later stuff. Don't get me wrong, I love Screaming, Defenders etc too, but the 70's stuff is definitely more my cup of tea.

Painkiller is a savage album but I would reach for Sad Wings over it these days. Killing Machine is savage too but I haven't listened to it in a long time. Must rectify that. I have actually never heard Sin After Sin. I think it's because the artwork always looked to me like a 'best of' compilation made by a label rather than a band. I have this subconscious hangup about it. Maybe I'll throw it on YouTube later.

Yeah! 70's almost all pure gold.
Bar Rocka Rolla which has it's charm, but it's still only proto-Priest, to be fair.
There's some filler on all their albums, but not as much as their post 70's output.

Stained Class is their #1, in my opinion.
Every track is killer... zero filler.

Screaming and Defenders are their peak 80's albums.

Quote from: Pain Medicine on April 24, 2024, 06:54:11 AMI always liked Nostradamus. I thought Firepower was great and it was cool that almost every song from it got played live.

Nostradamus fan here too since it came out..very underrated..firepower had zero staying power for me and havent bothered with the new one at all tbh ...no KK no priest for me I'm afraid..going to stick Nost' on now actually

Quote from: Eoin McLove on April 24, 2024, 11:29:18 AMI have actually never heard Sin After Sin. I think it's because the artwork always looked to me like a 'best of' compilation made by a label rather than a band. I have this subconscious hangup about it. Maybe I'll throw it on YouTube later.

Do, it's (not stained) class. Might be my favourite Priest album.

Sinner is a beast of an opener. If it maintains this level of deadlines I'll be very happy. Class.

Last Rose Of Summer is fairly naff.
Other than that it's a solid album.

I like Last Rose Of Summer to be honest. Granted it wouldn't be my favourite, but it has charm. And I like that they could do on the same album as Dissident Aggressor.

SCORPIONS - Lovedrive (1979)