Sleep :Dopesmoker (for the day that's in it)

High On Fire:Cometh The Storm. It's very good.

Also spinning and enjoying the new High On Fire.

Malthusian - MMXIII, Below the Hengiform.
Suffering Hour - In Passing Ascension (I'm working up to the split with a few beers later).
Tears For Fears - Songs from the Big Chari, The Hurting.

Until it ends - Primordial,  looking forward to next week. Good album.

#12513 April 20, 2024, 11:06:12 PM Last Edit: April 21, 2024, 12:18:22 AM by Eoin McLove
Darkwoods My Betrothed- Autumn Roars Thunder.

I saw someone on YouTube describe the vocals as sounding like the Swedish chef from The Muppets, which is actually not far from the truth  :laugh: that or Okoi Jones  :laugh: I would have laughed at this in the 90s I think for that reason, I would never have given it a chance. I like it now, though. Great epic Bathory-ish music and I have a much higher tolerance for, and interest in, quirky singing voices. Cool album cover as well. Again, I think I would have found it retarded if I saw it as a teenager but I like it now. Made by Alex Kurtagic of Supernal Music and Benighted Leams "fame".

Sabbat- Envenom.

SCORPIONS - World Wide Live (1985)

It's just one song, but Helmet + David Yow covering Zeppelin's "Custard Pie".

Brilliant.

Quote from: The Wretch on April 21, 2024, 11:34:53 AMSCORPIONS - World Wide Live (1985)

'tis a good one for the weather this weekend

"HELLO CALIFAWNEEEEEAH!"
https://youtu.be/tP6uL1IWxG4?si=impUySrUrmXNqp2A

A bit of Scorpions goes down well on a fine day alright.

Uttertomb - Nebulas of Self Desecration

More savage Chilean death metal.

https://pulverised.bandcamp.com/album/nebulas-of-self-desecration

Voivod: The Outer Limits

'Moonbeam Rider' , tune.

ANGEL WITCH - Angel Witch (1980)

30th Anniversary edition.

This is one of those albums like The Who 'Live At Leeds' where each expanded reissue is more and more brilliant and essential. 

Funnily enough, I recall a time, when I was just getting into metal, when these guys were mocked. When 'Cliff Em All' came out and the band (I believe it was Mustaine?) name checked them in an interview, the reviewer in Kerrang thought it was hilarious that anyone would even mention them, as if they were some sort of joke band.

They seemed to be regarded as laughable at that point by a lot of journos actually, who had the same contempt for the NWOBHM bands (outside of Maiden) as someone like Joe Elliott, who has always loved shitting on the likes of Saxon and Witchfynde, trying to distance himself from that era and metal generally, as if 'On Through The Night' doesn't even exist, not to mention early photos of the band decked out in Priest and Rainbow shirts.   

Motörhead- Overkill.
Helheim- Jormundgand.

Bruce Dickinson - The Mandrake Project.
Megaton Sword - Might & Power
Slammer - Insanity Addicts

That Angel Witch self titled is a great album. 

Quote from: Anvil on April 22, 2024, 09:09:01 AMThat Angel Witch self titled is a great album. 

It really is, and I find I listen to it more and more as the years pass. That, and the Satan debut.

How are you finding the new Brucie album?