Mutiilation - Black Metal Cult

The new TAROT sounds absolutely execllent. Heavy metal with a mix of Deep Purple and Ashbury. Wasn't a fan of the last one but this one got me hooked immediately

I've only listened to half of it but it's great. Must get rightly stuck into it.

Quote from: Bürggermeister on April 17, 2024, 02:16:09 PM3 Inches of Blood - Advance and Vanquish

Deadly Sinners is still a banger. My throat is still sore from looking at yer man Jamie at that gig in Voodoo, thought his neck was going to fucking explode  :laugh:  :abbath:
I remember a gig in the Pint with Goatwhore and thought it was a weird mix of bands, when did they play the Voodoo?

I'm gonna take a shot at 2007.

#12470 April 17, 2024, 07:28:56 PM Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 08:19:09 PM by ijnjnijnilijbibbjknkjbjkk
Quote from: Xworx on April 17, 2024, 04:18:10 PMMutiilation - Black Metal Cult
niice, diidnt know he was back. wiill throw iit on after.

Ljosazabojstwa - Staražytnaje licha

Hour of 13 - s/T
Unholy - The Second Ring of Power
High on Fire - Snakes for the Divine
Mastodon - Crack the Skye
Skáphe - Skáphe3
Down - Down III

Been an age since I listened to 3 inches of Blood.   Their first two albums were great fun!   

Borknagar - Fall (just can't get into this album which is strange as I pretty much like everything they have released).
Haunt - Dreamers
Pentagram - Day of Reckoning
Helloween - Better Than Raw

Quote from: Trev on April 17, 2024, 04:38:28 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on April 17, 2024, 02:16:09 PM3 Inches of Blood - Advance and Vanquish

Deadly Sinners is still a banger. My throat is still sore from looking at yer man Jamie at that gig in Voodoo, thought his neck was going to fucking explode  :laugh:  :abbath:
I remember a gig in the Pint with Goatwhore and thought it was a weird mix of bands, when did they play the Voodoo?
Yeah, 2007ish, maybe a little before that, with Nuclear Reign supporting. I forgot they played The Pint but that was where I first saw Goatwhore who completely blew me away. I think Jamie had left at that stage so the guitarist was doing the gruff stuff for 3 Inches of Blood. They were never as good without him.

Now listening
Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys I & II
Cathedral - The Ethereal Mirror

Listened to Fudge Tunnel: Creep Diets there on a walk in and out of town, hadn't heard it in years. Holds up well, a cross between sludge and grunge (slunge?) with a fair bit of Fugazi influence, which I hadn't noticed before.

VENOM - Cast In Stone (1997)

Quote from: Carnage on April 18, 2024, 11:35:50 AMListened to Fudge Tunnel: Creep Diets there on a walk in and out of town, hadn't heard it in years. Holds up well, a cross between sludge and grunge (slunge?) with a fair bit of Fugazi influence, which I hadn't noticed before.

I thought Fudge Tunnel were great on the 90s. Not a band I listen to these days but I might root out Creep Diets when I get back to Oz.

They're hit and miss for me. Creep Diets and the 3 EPs (s/t, The Sweet Sound Of Excess and Teeth) are all great, but the first and third albums I hated. CD went down well today, I have to say.

Creep Diets and Fudge Cake were the only two I had and both were cool in different ways, I thought.

Helheim- Jormundgand. Feckin savage album. Sounds to me like it would sit well in a listening session alongside the Borknagar debut and Hades- Again Shall Be...

Teeth is worth a listen. Two new songs and a couple from the Fudgecake EPs rerecorded with Creep Diets level production.

The only other track of theirs I liked was The Joy Of Irony, but the rest of that album was crap IMO.