Blaze Bailey - Circle of Stone
Darkthrone - Total Death.

Been just listening to these two albums over the weekend.  Some seriously good tunes on the Blaze album.  Always liked him since Wolfsbane.  Must go back and listen to the albums he released after Maiden.  They were really solid efforts.

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on April 13, 2024, 07:46:03 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on April 13, 2024, 01:00:08 PMChthe'ilist - Le Dernier Crepuscule

One of my favourite death metal albums of the last 20 years

Same as that, immense album altogether. Bonus videogame dork points for it featuring a 13+ minute song about The Legend of Zelda :laugh:

Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Departure Chandelier - Satan Soldier of Fortune

Immortal - Pure Holocaust
Immortal - Blizzard Beasts. Some of these riff are pure Morbid Angel particularly Nebular Ravens Winter.

Opeth - Deliverance

#12440 April 15, 2024, 05:21:41 PM Last Edit: April 15, 2024, 07:30:57 PM by The Wretch
FLATBACKER - Accident (1985)

Japanese band who later become known as Ezo. Interesting mix of styles, from the Motorhead-ish opener, to mid-paced Priest and Accept influenced stompers, full on speed metal, and early LA glam. Plenty heavy and aggressive throughout though, with excellent guitar work from Shoyo Iida, who is now a sushi chef apparently.

SNIPER - Quick & Dead (1985)

Darkthrone - The Sempiternal Past (Demos) - (while I enjoyed some of the songs, it killed the CD player in my office.... Laser must have gone or something as now it is just saying Unknown Disk after spending ages trying to read the disk.  Some of the buttons aren't working either...   Doesn't owe me anything as I had it a long time)
Judas Priest - Invincible Shield
Vulture - Sentinels (banging thrash!)
Cancer - Spirit in Flames. (very weak effort)

You might just need a cleaning disc but be sure to get a half decent one, not the cheapo 8quid effort I picked up on Amazon that my stereos won't even read.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on April 15, 2024, 07:52:51 PMYou might just need a cleaning disc but be sure to get a half decent one, not the cheapo 8quid effort I picked up on Amazon that my stereos won't even read.

That might work but hitting the pause button turns the player off. Can't skip tracks or go back to previous tracks as again, it switches itself off if I touch the buttons.  The off button either turns it off or lowers the volume...   :laugh:

Ah right, that sounds like it's fucked alright.
Darkthrone wrecked my stereo eh. In fairness those demos are pretty rough in places.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

IRON MAIDEN - No Prayer For The Dying (1990)

Necromantia- Scarlet Evil

IRON MAIDEN - Fear Of The Dark (1992)

Quote from: Ducky on April 15, 2024, 03:46:36 PM
Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on April 13, 2024, 07:46:03 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on April 13, 2024, 01:00:08 PMChthe'ilist - Le Dernier Crepuscule

One of my favourite death metal albums of the last 20 years

Same as that, immense album altogether. Bonus videogame dork points for it featuring a 13+ minute song about The Legend of Zelda :laugh:
That period with Bolzer, Teitanblood, Adversarial, Blood Incantation all releasing killer albums is the peak of death metal for me, of the legacy bands only MA, Deicide and Death captured me the way that 2012-2016 era caught me