Crack The Skye is my favourite Mastodon album by a long way but it took a couple of years to 'click' - this was my pattern with them for years; I didn't like Remission until Leviathan came out, didn't get into Leviathan until Blood Mountain's release, and so on. The Hunter was the first one I liked from the start, the more commercial sound was jarring but worked - and then CTS finally clicked. It's been my favourite of theirs since, and my only complaint would be that it's too short.

King's X I immediately dismissed without hearing a note, based purely on their image, Pinnick's hair in particular. I assumed they were a glam rock band along the lines of Poison, Cinderalla, Motley Crue etc. Only years later did I hear one of their albums and it was practically a blueprint for Alice In Chains'sound. I need to check them out properly

NP: Ihsahn: The Adversary

Is it Dogman, the one that sounds like a precursor to AiC? That seems to ring a bell from last time I gave them a go.

#12362 April 10, 2024, 01:24:24 AM Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 01:27:02 AM by Carnage
No, just dug a bit there and it's Gretchen Goes To Nebraska.

NP: Vile Creature: Glory! Glory! Apathy Took Helm!

King's X: Gretchen Goes To Nebraska - Bloody good album. Some of the lyrics are awful and the second track is one of the worst songs I've ever heard but overall it's mighty. Like Prince Goes Grunge in spots. Bit proggy too.

NP: Queensrÿche: Operation: Mindcrime

Quote from: Carnage on April 10, 2024, 01:24:24 AMNP: Vile Creature: Glory! Glory! Apathy Took Helm!
Great fucking album.

Fire! Orchestra - Exit
Amenra - Alive
Cult of Luna - Somewhere Along the Highway
Sultans of Ping - Casual Sex in the Cineplex
Horn of the Rhino - Grengus
Miles Davis - Nefertiti
Enthroned - Sovereigns
Anguish - s/T

The Anguish album is amazing, members of Faust, dalek and Fire! Orchestra. If you like weird shit it's a must

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on April 10, 2024, 02:33:24 AM
Quote from: Carnage on April 10, 2024, 01:24:24 AMNP: Vile Creature: Glory! Glory! Apathy Took Helm!
Great fucking album.

It really is. I wasn't aware of them 'til it came out, picked up the compilation of their previous releases since and it's just as good.

Queensrÿche: Empire

I'd only heard bits of Mindcrime before an hour ago, it's fucking brilliant in full! I've wasted decades by ignoring it. I know this won't live up to it but we'll see how it goes...

Quote from: Carnage on April 10, 2024, 03:50:42 AMQueensrÿche: Empire

I'd only heard bits of Mindcrime before an hour ago, it's fucking brilliant in full! I've wasted decades by ignoring it. I know this won't live up to it but we'll see how it goes...
Enjoy! Mindcrime is a classic and Empire is no slouch

I left Empire halfway through, it wasn't doing it for me but I'll be picking up Mindcrime for sure. Voices/characters aside it's fantastic.

Mind crime is great. Not a bad moment there.
N P Coroner - Mental vortex

I do like Mindcrime but never really got into anything they did after that.   

Sonata Arctica - Clear Cold Beyond
Darkthrone - Plaguewielder
Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Tank
Udad - Udad
The Crawling - All of This for Nothing (listened to this a lot when it was released, really solid effort).
Necrophobic - In The Twilight Grey

Attic - Return of the Witchfinder.

Quote from: Naraka on April 10, 2024, 10:14:40 AMAttic - Return of the Witchfinder.

What is this like?   Only heard snippets of a song and thought it was very King Diamond inspired.   

Quote from: Carnage on April 10, 2024, 04:37:09 AMI left Empire halfway through, it wasn't doing it for me but I'll be picking up Mindcrime for sure. Voices/characters aside it's fantastic.

Try Rage for Order, after Mindcrime its the one I return to most, The Warning ⚠️ is good too.