Immortal - Battles
Marduk - Memento Mori
Carpathian Forest - Black Shining Leather
Homvod - Doedsformasjon
Antichrist Siege Machine - Purifying Blade. They are nearly too much, it must be exhausting live.

MEMENTO MORI - Rhymes Of Lunacy (1993) 

Crypt Sermon - Out of the Garden

Epic doom metal. They've a new record out soon so checked out their debut, sounds really good, if I have one complaint is that the guitar leads get a bit too techy for my tastes at times (they share members with Horrendous/Vektor apparently) but I'm sure I can get used to it.

Therapy?- Troublegum. It has been at least a couple of decades since I've listened to this. My wife picked up tickets to see the 30th anniversary gig in Melbourne later this year so it's a nice little nostalgia buzz listening back to it. I found it a bit too poppy when it came out after being big into Babyteeth and Nurse are the time, but it's incredible how much the whole thing has stuck in my memory. Catchy old gear and good in its own right from this distance.

It's a fantastic album, they did a full album run-through for its 20th anniversary, the DVD is in the Gemil boxset. Great band, I've only seen them live twice (acoustic and electric) but they blew me away both times.

NP: Queensrÿche: Rage To Order

Blind Guardian - Battalions
Blind Guardian - Follow the Blind
Blind Guardian - tales from the twilight world
Blind Guardian - Somewhere far beyond
Dodsheimgard - Kronet
Thorns - Thorns

Slipped into some sort of Blind Guardian comfort psychosis today in work and listened to the first 4 albums in a row

I'm on a Coroner buzz this week so for me No More Color and Punishment for decadence.
No More Color is the first Coroner I owned when it came out so for me it's their finest hour.
Also Journeys End - Primordial

#12397 April 11, 2024, 10:29:40 AM Last Edit: April 11, 2024, 10:32:24 AM by Anvil
Quote from: ldj on April 11, 2024, 12:47:50 AMCrypt Sermon - Out of the Garden

Epic doom metal. They've a new record out soon so checked out their debut, sounds really good, if I have one complaint is that the guitar leads get a bit too techy for my tastes at times (they share members with Horrendous/Vektor apparently) but I'm sure I can get used to it.

Only heard The Ruins of the Fading Light by them and think it is a cracking album.  Will definitely be checking out the new one and this is one is on the wanted list. 

Destroyer 666 - Never Surrender (lacks the bite of earlier releases but still an enjoyable listen).
Darkthrone - Goatlord (first time listening to this with vocals). 
Vengeance - Sewer Surge
Darkthrone - Total Death
Aura Noir - The Merciless (been an age since I listened to Aura Noir - always get the head nodding). 

Both Crypt Sermon albums are savage, I've been looking forward to the new one.

Incantation - Profane Nexus

Exploring Incantation's releases having ignored everything post-Diabolical Conquest. Just dipping in so far, but Vanquish in Vengeance and Profane Nexus are very strong albums.

All of the later albums are great they just aren't as good as the first few that is why a lot of people won't give them time and just dismiss them. Even the latest album was great. They are working on a death / doom album that will be a 3LP release which hopefully should be out soon.

Sulphur Aeon - The Scythe Of Cosmic Chaos

LEATHERWOLF - Endangered Species (1985)

The triple axe attack.

Possessed: Seven Churches
Biohazard:Urban Discipline/Mata Leao
Babes In Toyland: Fontanelle

METAL CHURCH - Hanging In The Balance (1993)