With all the chat about it in the other thread, I realised I haven't listened to South of Heaven in ages, so stuck that on.

Forgot how good it is. I like how they didn't make RiB Part 2. And Lombardo is on fire on this. Those fills on Behind the Crooked Cross are fucking tasty.

Guys the new Slaughter to Prevail song Conflict and its music video are so awesome I love it!!! :]

:sniffles:  :sniffles:  :sniffles:

Turntables go eeeeeera era era

Cynic and Atheist. The thought of the two of these playing Dublin at all back in the 90's, never mind within a week of each other, would have made young me very giddy. What a time to be alive. Very much looking forward to seeing them again in a few weeks.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 28, 2024, 09:11:21 AMHad this new Civerous tune on while making breakfast a few times. Really like it, and looking forward to the LP, the first album wasn't bad either from what I recall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfc29Pgkkek

Some nice eerie bits and an overall darker feel than a lot of the Gym Bro Mosh/Party Metal drivel coming out of the US death metal scene of late.

Divine Eve - Last of the Sunset Faded (the perfect demo?1000%)
Katharsis - VVorld Vvithout End

Never heard of Civerous before. I love the sound of that. A bit murky but not drowned in reverb. I must check out the previous release.

Bathory - The Return
Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick
Possessed - Seven Churches
Fist - Hot Spikes (not the Name Rank and Serial Number Fist who I actually thought ithis was by.  Still an interesting hard rock album from the early 80s).
Omen - Escape to Nowhere

Quote from: Ducky on February 28, 2024, 02:13:57 PMWith all the chat about it in the other thread, I realised I haven't listened to South of Heaven in ages, so stuck that on.

Forgot how good it is. I like how they didn't make RiB Part 2. And Lombardo is on fire on this. Those fills on Behind the Crooked Cross are fucking tasty.

I had it on the other day and yeah, I had very similar thoughts about it. Lombardo has such a brilliant style. It's minimal in a way but embellished with ferocious fills. And the drum production is so clear and powerful. Compare it to the tinny typewriter production that has been en vogue for twenty years and it blows it out of the water for power, while retaining Crystal clarity.

I love Emperor but couldn't listen to Ishan's solo stuff at all. He's entitled to do whatever he wants. I'm just glad he had the good taste to not slap an Emperor logo on it.

Quote from: hellfire on February 28, 2024, 07:54:42 PMI love Emperor but couldn't listen to Ishan's solo stuff at all. He's entitled to do whatever he wants. I'm just glad he had the good taste to not slap an Emperor logo on it.
Same never warmed to it.

I find with the Ihsahn stuff that if you really pay attention and *really* listen carefully, you can hear his turtleneck

#11859 February 29, 2024, 02:38:32 PM Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 02:40:54 PM by Pentagrimes
Ch'Ahom - Knots of Abhorrence
Vulture Feather - Liminal Space
Some NTS show full of Calypso music

a varied afternoon so far

Shanks - S/T
Gn'Asher - Den NIs
John Savident - Class Act

Pantera - Cowboys From Hell. I can never decide if the production makes or breaks this album.
Pantera - Vulgar Display Of Power.
Motörhead - Kiss Of Death. This album
Has one of my favourite Motörhead choruses ever in the song Trigger.

Carcass - Symphonies of Sickness
At the Gates - The Nightmare of Being (probably going into the never to be listened to again pile though the fourth track with the saxophone is very good).   
Holy Terror - Guardians of the Netherworld
Butterfly - Doorways of Time

Future Islands- People Who Aren't There Anymore. Took a few spins as usual with these dudes but I'm in love with this album as much as the others now. A little beaut.

Vermin Womb - Retaliation. Utterly ferocious; lovely stuff