Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk.

I'm really looking forward to the gig now

Been listening to Kindly Bent to Free Us a lot recently. While not a flawless album by any means, the title track is one of Cynic's very best, I put it to you

Sorcery -arrival at six
Darkthrone - under a funeral moon
Old lady drivers -debut .

Excoriate - On Pestilent Winds

Decayed - From Hell

Hornz N Hooves - Skel Messiah

#11884 March 03, 2024, 12:45:42 AM Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 12:48:20 AM by Thorn
Morbid Angel - Altars Of Madness 9.5/10
Picked up the Earache digipack cd of this just to have it on all formats and it's a pathetic treatment, from the blown up cover to the lack of even a booklet.

I've all but been up and down to Spar in a loincloth this past week..
Manowar -Into Glory Ride 9.5/10
        Hail To England 9/10
        Sign Of The Hammer 9/10
        The Triumph Of Steel 9/10

Hallow's Eve - Monument 8/10.
I'm not a Queen aficionado and its only lately realized Sheer Heart Attack is a cover. Great track it is too.

Municipal Waste - Electrified Brain 7.5/10
Not usually down with the party but I can hear the D.R.I. in these boys which I like. Extra mushrooms on mine.

Entombed - Gods Of Grind 7/10
Serviceable boot of a German show from the legendary tour

Lucifericon - The Occult Waters 7/10
At just 20 minutes its easy to flip this cassette over for another helping of dark and raw Dutch Death Metal .

Dream Evil - The Book Of Heavy Metal 6/10
Dont need no fancy house , no car or ugly wife  :abbath: 
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Metallica- Master of Puppets.

Quote from: Thorn on March 03, 2024, 12:45:42 AMMorbid Angel - Altars Of Madness 9.5/10
Picked up the Earache digipack cd of this just to have it on all formats and it's a pathetic treatment, from the blown up cover to the lack of even a booklet.

Straight in the bin, the digipak remasters are universally terrible, the 'full dynamic remasters'. Woeful. I picked up a couple and sent them straight to the charity shop. Picked up the jewel case version of AOM for instance, and it's perfect.

Yep, shocking stuff from Earache (even by their standards)
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Ministry: Animositisomina
Napalm Death: Fear, Emptiness, Despair
Brutal Truth: Extreme conditions Demand Extreme Responses

Quote from: Carnage on March 03, 2024, 03:46:18 AMMinistry: Animositisomina

What you make of this one? It's likely their last good album as I see it. Any one after that I only liked for a couple of weeks at best. It's just not the same thing at all without Paul Barker no matter what way it's dressed up. Apart from FNM my favourite gig ever was Ministry in the TBMC touring Animositisomina and that Freebase crowd cancelled. Unreal gig.

Paul Barker has an album out years ago that sounds like what's missing from Ministry now that he's gone.

You might have heard this but I don't think it's especially well known

#11890 March 03, 2024, 04:42:33 AM Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 05:55:30 AM by Carnage
I've heard a few tracks from it and... I reckon you'd have to be in the mood for it. Not bad at all but what I heard didn't grab me at all. Like I said, right mood maybe.

As for Animositisomina, I like it. Probably more now than when it came out, I felt a bit let down at the time and let it be for a long time. Dug it out recently and it's gone down well.

Houses Of The Molé is definitely the best thing they've put out since Psalm 69 though, it's a vicious album. The first of the Dubya trilogy, it's fairly relentless and recaptures the spirit of Psalm 69's first side perfectly. It just lacks the bleakness of side 2.

NP: Tool: Opiate & Undertow

Love Animositisomina, underrated Ministry for definite.

#11892 March 03, 2024, 07:59:26 AM Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 11:43:08 AM by Paul keohane
Quote from: astfgyl on March 03, 2024, 04:09:33 AM
Quote from: Carnage on March 03, 2024, 03:46:18 AMMinistry: Animositisomina

What you make of this one? It's likely their last good album as I see it. Any one after that I only liked for a couple of weeks at best. It's just not the same thing at all without Paul Barker no matter what way it's dressed up. Apart from FNM my favourite gig ever was Ministry in the TBMC touring Animositisomina and that Freebase crowd cancelled. Unreal gig.

Paul Barker has an album out years ago that sounds like what's missing from Ministry now that he's gone.

You might have heard this but I don't think it's especially well known

One of my biggest metal regrets was missing that gig!.I cant for the life of me remember why I didn't go,but remember being gutted missing it!.Buddies of mine still talk about how good a gig it was.

The gig they did in the Red Box (or whatever it was called) wasnt up to much!

#11893 March 03, 2024, 10:04:07 AM Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 10:06:47 AM by astfgyl
Yeah the one with Tommy Victor on guitar was only so so by comparison. The C.U.LaTour where they made about 6 comebacks after it. Thought I was buying a ticket for the final gig and then they added another date the following night so it wasn't even the last one then ffs

Edit: iirc Eminem was playing the same day as the Music Centre gig and a few lads I know went to that instead. Jaysus twas a great one now I'm reminded of it

Concrete Winds - Primitive Force. This is like having broken glass and tar being forced into my ears with relentless force.
It's exhilarating.

Temple Of Scorn - Funeral Altar Epiphanies.

Sodom - Persecution Mania. The kings of the Germanic thrash.