Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 29, 2024, 06:59:17 PMFuture Islands- People Who Aren't There Anymore. Took a few spins as usual with these dudes but I'm in love with this album as much as the others now. A little beaut.

The name isn't giving me any ideas at all so colour me intrigued. Never heard of em, obviously

#11866 February 29, 2024, 10:36:55 PM Last Edit: February 29, 2024, 10:50:47 PM by Eoin McLove
Pop essentially but with a very bright post punk or new romantic influence. Electro pop maybe? Really catchy with vocals that are an acquired taste, and beautiful lyrics.

https://youtu.be/mynHFOzco_8?si=z2usvWR-VfK_UCkj

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 29, 2024, 10:36:55 PMPop essentially but with a very bright post punk or new romantic influence. Electro pop maybe? Really catchy with vocals that are an acquired taste, and beautiful lyrics.

https://youtu.be/mynHFOzco_8?si=z2usvWR-VfK_UCkj

That's actually not bad but it's like an exact song that I know from A-ha or someone but it's not them. I'll be back when I think of it. It's exact so it is whatever the fuck it was.

I'll never forget whatsisname whoever he was so I won't.

Anyway those vocals have marmite written all over them but I don't mind them at all while still seeing why they are fair annoying..

Lastly, did you know that we have an Off Topic thread on the old board here  :laugh:  :laugh:  :abbath:  :abbath:

Lord Vicar - Signs Of Osiris

Bruce dickinson- Mandrake

This is so boring it's almost put me to sleep..maiden and dickinson can't stop the rot.this is bad..and I'm a.big dickinson /Roy z  fan

Eyehategod - Dopesick
Cathedral - The Ethereal Mirror
Acid Bath - When the Kite String Pops
Sleep - Holy Mountain
Mantra - Ode to the Flame
Darkthrone - Panzerfaust

Quote from: londonleatherboy on March 01, 2024, 01:39:50 PMBruce dickinson- Mandrake

This is so boring it's almost put me to sleep..maiden and dickinson can't stop the rot.this is bad..and I'm a.big dickinson /Roy z  fan
Waiting on my copy to arrive, but from what I've been seeing online I need to set my expectations pretty low

Ofermod - Sol Nox
Lantern - Below

Quote from: Trev on March 01, 2024, 04:00:17 PM
Quote from: londonleatherboy on March 01, 2024, 01:39:50 PMBruce dickinson- Mandrake

Waiting on my copy to arrive, but from what I've been seeing online I need to set my expectations pretty low

Well I'm liking it anyway, It's no Chemical Wedding and there's a bit of 'heard it before' at times but it sure beats seven shades out of Senjutsu
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Thorn on March 01, 2024, 08:31:48 PM
Quote from: Trev on March 01, 2024, 04:00:17 PM

Well I'm liking it anyway, It's no Chemical Wedding and there's a bit of 'heard it before' at times but it sure beats seven shades out of Senjutsu

Era its grand like, guitar tone is absolute pish and hes wailing on this which i was hoping would be a symptom of harris.. has a few moments but wont be reaching for it much

Chris Wood- The Lark Descending. I haven't listened to much Chris Wood in the past few years but I feel a nine coming on  8)

#11877 March 02, 2024, 04:26:48 AM Last Edit: March 02, 2024, 05:44:46 AM by Eoin McLove
Chris Wood- The Lark Descending.
Chris Wood- Handmade Life.
King Prawn- Fried in London.
Hasturian Vigil- Unveiling the Brac'thal.
Opeth- Orchid.
Vulcano- Bloody Vengeance.

Sovereign - Altered Realities
Black Hurst - s/t demo
Necros Christos - Triune Impurity Rites
Dio - Holy Diver
      Last in Line
      Sacred Heart

Darkthrone - Old Star
Cradle of Filth - Midian
Winter Eternal - Land of Darkness
Butterfly - Doorways of Time