Crystal Logic would be my favourite album of Manilla Road. Such a killer album. 

Nevermore - Dead Heart in a Dead World
Sargeist - Satanic Black Devotion
Megaton Sword - Blood Hails Steel - Steel Hails Fire
While Heaven Wept - Of Empires Forlorn

Quote from: Eoin McLove on February 15, 2024, 03:11:49 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on February 15, 2024, 01:32:47 PMSpiral Castle didn't really hit the spot for me, too synthy or something, maybe it was the Hellroadie vocals, but I know a few people that swear by it. Was it Hellroadie that did vocals the time they played Hell's Pleasure?

Crystal Logic, Open The Gates, The Deluge and Mystification are 4 bona fide classics.

Yep, that was him.

Only knew CL at that stage and not that well but I remember enjoying them.

Akercocke - Antichrist.

Much murkier sounding affair than Words... and not really the direction i thought they'd take after that one but still excellent although it took longer to click. Much more DM than most of their other stuff but there's rakes of texture buried in there and I find myself liking it more as time goes on.

Quote from: astfgyl on February 15, 2024, 07:20:51 PMAkercocke - Antichrist.

Much murkier sounding affair than Words... and not really the direction i thought they'd take after that one but still excellent although it took longer to click. Much more DM than most of their other stuff but there's rakes of texture buried in there and I find myself liking it more as time goes on.
Footsteps Resound In An Empty Chapel is a masterpiece

Can footsteps resound in an empty chapel if there's no-one there to hear them?

Yes, when it's this good, they can

I've listened to it

Quote from: ochoill on February 15, 2024, 11:14:37 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 15, 2024, 07:20:51 PMAkercocke - Antichrist.

Footsteps Resound In An Empty Chapel is a masterpiece
It's fantastic that weird disjointed bit before the clean guitars gets me every time alright. The fuck is with Kittie releasing a really cool video and their vocalist sounding like she should be in Impaled Nazarene?

Hobbs Angel Of Death self titled

RIP Peter. A gentleman if ever there was one.

King Diamond - Conspiracy
Candlemass - Nightfall
Cappella - U Got 2 Know (the finest of Eurodance cheese  :sniffles:

#11698 February 16, 2024, 01:52:07 PM Last Edit: February 16, 2024, 01:54:54 PM by Pentagrimes
Knoll - As spoken
Prize Horse  - Under Sound  (this is fucking great, melancholic shoegazy grungey stuff that puts me in mind of things like Failure,or the more melodic moments of Cave In's "Antenna". The bass tone during the heavier parts is glorious)

The Obsessed - Sacred
Kreator - Endless Pain
Sodom - Persecution Mania
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness