#11671 February 15, 2024, 07:23:44 AM Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 07:42:28 AM by Eoin McLove
Vircolac- Veneration.
Hazzy Vidge- The Bractalblahhhh
Aeternus- Dark Sorcery. Side A is 33rpm and side B is 45rpm. That's a new one on me.

Quote from: hellfire on February 15, 2024, 01:06:11 AM
Quote from: CorkonianHunger on February 14, 2024, 10:21:48 PMManilla Road bashing on a metal forum??

I cried

My first encounter with Manilla Road was through a rather excellent cover of their song Necropolis by the band Visigoth. I've only ever checked out Crystal Logic and Open The Gates though, both superb albums.

I can see how the vocals could put people off, much like Mustaine's vocals with Megadeth, but there is some sterling guitar work and song composition on them albums.

#11673 February 15, 2024, 09:23:11 AM Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 09:26:29 AM by Eoin McLove
I have Crystal Logic, Open the Gates and Courts of Chaos. All three are deadly and each has its own unique vibe as well. The first one I actually heard was Spiral Castle and it had Hellroadie doing vocals. I liked it a bit but after hearing the proper stuff with Shelton on vocals I  couldn't really take it seriously. Shelton had such a distinctive voice so to listen to someone else ape him so closely was wrong. I saw them live with HR doing vocals and it was fucking cool in fairness.

I actually had another CD of theirs with three flaming triangles on the cover but again I think it had HR on vocals and I think I got rid of it. Must have a look and see.

Edit. Gates of Fire. I still have it. I must revisit it so :)

I think a Manilla Road discography retrospective listen might be on the cards over the coming days so! :D

Quote from: CorkonianHunger on February 14, 2024, 10:21:48 PMManilla Road bashing on a metal forum??

Great band....did take a while to click but love em now.

Gonna lash on The Deluge.  Love Court's Of Chaos too.

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on February 14, 2024, 11:38:30 PM
Quote from: mickO))) on February 14, 2024, 06:56:47 PMHaemorrhage – Morgue Sweet Home
D666 - Unchain The Wolves
Dødsengel - Mirium Occultum
Malokarpatan – Krupinské Ohne
Malokarpatan – Vertumnus Caesar

Great work done on the Malokarpatan LP reissues they sound great.

That dodsengel album is mighty, great band.
Malokarpatan are a band I've always liked what I've heard but never listened to a whole album, best place to start?

I am by no means an expert it took me a long time to get into the band but I would recommend Vertumnus Caesar.

Hasturian Vigil first listen to the LP this morning. Definitely lots of mileage in this. It's interesting how this project and Malokarpatan, both in their own ways and not to the same extent (Malokarpatan has way more), incorporate so many classic almost pub rock vibes into an overall sound that is nevertheless at the extreme end of metal, and yet it works.

Spectral Voice - Sparagmos

Yeah this is deadly, went in totally blind bar the few descriptions here and elsewhere.  Great variety in it even though it is clearly doing one particular style, will be back to this again later today.

Drowned - Procul His
Desecresy - Unveil in the Abyss

Finnish one man band that sounds like ambient Bolt Thrower.

#11680 February 15, 2024, 12:51:04 PM Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 01:31:57 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
'Ambient Bolt Thrower' is too apparent an oxymoron not to immediately check out what it's being applied to!  :laugh:  :abbath:

Edit: I've actually heard this before. Great gear, not sure I'd describe it as ambient Bolt Thrower myself, but sure why not!

Spiral Castle didn't really hit the spot for me, too synthy or something, maybe it was the Hellroadie vocals, but I know a few people that swear by it. Was it Hellroadie that did vocals the time they played Hell's Pleasure?

Crystal Logic, Open The Gates, The Deluge and Mystification are 4 bona fide classics.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on February 15, 2024, 12:51:04 PM'Ambient Bolt Thrower' is too apparent an oxymoron not to immediately check out what it's being applied to!  :laugh:  :abbath:

Edit: I've actually heard this before. Great gear, not sure I'd describe it as ambient Bolt Thrower myself, but sure why not!

Bolt Thrower on Ambien might be a more apt description :laugh:  It's great stuff alright, bludgeoning yet hypnotic.

Bolt Thrower on Ambien it is!  :laugh:  :laugh:

Quote from: open face surgery on February 15, 2024, 01:32:47 PMSpiral Castle didn't really hit the spot for me, too synthy or something, maybe it was the Hellroadie vocals, but I know a few people that swear by it. Was it Hellroadie that did vocals the time they played Hell's Pleasure?

Crystal Logic, Open The Gates, The Deluge and Mystification are 4 bona fide classics.

Yep, that was him.