Quote from: OpenSores on February 14, 2024, 11:00:16 AMZeni Geva - Desire for Agony (doing a clear out and came across this beauty)

Great band, must dig out Freedom Bondage this afternoon

I think I'll follow suit.

Manilla Road are amazing. Can understand why people may not be into them but there ya go. Almost like there's enough music to suit everyone.

Furze "Post Mortem trippin'" single. I keep forgetting how great Furze is. Bonkers. Like the Helios Creed of black metal.

Haemorrhage – Morgue Sweet Home
D666 - Unchain The Wolves
Dødsengel - Mirium Occultum
Malokarpatan – Krupinské Ohne
Malokarpatan – Vertumnus Caesar

Great work done on the Malokarpatan LP reissues they sound great.

Malevolent Creation - The Ten Commandments 9/10
The sound of Thrash Metal being consumed by Death Metal ,vicious debut.

Saxon - Wheels Of Steel 8.5/10
OG vinyl picked up from a backstreet record shop in Newcastle for a measly £12. Result.

Spectral Voice- Eroded Corridors Of Unbeing 8/10
Preparing the ground for the new one

Spectral Voice - Sparagmos 8/10
Too early to say if I prefer it to the debut but this is a hypnotic, immersive listen that is easy to hit repeat on.

Massacre - From Beyond 7.5/10
Lauded but pretty  simplistic and lacking any real depth, I'd give it to someone looking to get into Death Metal. But I'd want it back.

Nordjevel - Necrogenesis 7.5/10
With Destructhor from Myrkskog involved I was always going to be on board with this.

Angel Witch - Angel Of Light 7/10
Solid if unspectacular outing from this revered act.

Blood Red Throne - Nonagen 7/10
Aside from a new vocalist adding a blackened rasp to proceedings at times this is business as usual from BRT, no intros, no outros, no interludes, just nine tracks of brutal DM to pound you into the dirt.

Disguised Malignance - Entering The Gateways 7/10
A blind buy after I saw a promo pic of these young Finns lurking around crosses all lank hair and hanging heads and there's a lot to like on this Floridian DM inspired debut. I'd happily see them lose the 'Disguised' from their name though.

Madder Mortem - Old Eyes, New Heart 7/10
A curiously accessible listen from a band who carved a career out of being contrary. Good album though.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Worm - Foreverglade
Graveyard Dirt - My Scourge, My Plague
Grief - Miserably ever after
Third Island - Burning

The Disguised Malignance album is excellent. They have an ep as well that's worth checking out.

Didn't know that, not listed on Metal Archives either

#11664 February 14, 2024, 09:34:20 PM Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 09:41:41 PM by Circlepit
Quote from: Thorn on February 14, 2024, 09:32:47 PMDidn't know that, not listed on Metal Archives either

I found it on Spotify. First discovered them on Angry Metal Guy.

Cool, I'll keep a look out for it so

Manilla Road bashing on a metal forum??

Quote from: mickO))) on February 14, 2024, 06:56:47 PMHaemorrhage – Morgue Sweet Home
D666 - Unchain The Wolves
Dødsengel - Mirium Occultum
Malokarpatan – Krupinské Ohne
Malokarpatan – Vertumnus Caesar

Great work done on the Malokarpatan LP reissues they sound great.

That dodsengel album is mighty, great band.
Malokarpatan are a band I've always liked what I've heard but never listened to a whole album, best place to start?

Quote from: open face surgery on February 14, 2024, 06:33:15 PMManilla Road are amazing. Can understand why people may not be into them but there ya go. Almost like there's enough music to suit everyone.
Yeah I get that, but most of the time I can objectively see the appeal in something I don't like, Mannila Road leave me stumped though 😂

Had Vertumnus Caesar on today myself too, arrived yesterday. Excellent album from them.