Quote from: Paul keohane on February 13, 2024, 11:16:20 PMAkercocke have some great material,they were lauded by Metal hammer a bit in the early 2000s.And for some reason a pile of lsds in the underground decided they were shite.They blew the socks of me when they played Cork years ago.

Was at that meself in the Cruiscin. Great gig. With a lad you know as it happens

I have Goat of Mendes by Akercocke and never liked it. Shit thin production, chaotic music with an absence of black metal atmosphere. Just never grabbed me. Anything I heard after left me cold as well.

I can't think of Ackercoke without thinking of the picture in the inside of one of the cds which caused my ex wife to remark "look at them there now, in their little Heavy Metal community centre"  :laugh:

Always struck me as more death metal than black metal

Had to drive to Dublin and back last night, had Death on for the duration, starting with Leprosy and moving in order from there. Lovely.

This morning, Technical Ecstacy.

Sühnopfer - Nous sommes d'hier
Necrowretch - Swords of Dajjal

White Medal - Guthmers Hahl
Sodom - 1982
Paradise Lost - Medusa
Winterfylleth - The Reckoning Dawn
Megaton Sword - Might & Power

Quote from: Bürggermeister on February 14, 2024, 08:58:11 AMHad to drive to Dublin and back last night, had Death on for the duration, starting with Leprosy and moving in order from there. Lovely.

This morning, Technical Ecstacy.

I've had Human, Individual Thought Patterns, Symbolic & The Sound of Perseverance on over the course of the last 24 hours. That run of albums really is untouchable stuff.

I never tire of listening to the entire arc of Death's discography, one of the finest musical evolutions of all time.

Vircolac - Veneration
JP - Stained Class
Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
Manilla Road - Open The Gates

Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 14, 2024, 08:57:01 AMI can't think of Ackercoke without thinking of the picture in the inside of one of the cds which caused my ex wife to remark "look at them there now, in their little Heavy Metal community centre"  :laugh:

Always struck me as more death metal than black metal
:laugh: I think I know the picture and all.    Definitely more DM but Words... is all over the map.

Zeni Geva - Desire for Agony (doing a clear out and came across this beauty)
Spectral Voice - Sparagmos

Quote from: open face surgery on February 14, 2024, 10:17:24 AMVircolac - Veneration

Like an idiot I didn't ask Darragh if he had a copy when I was standing in front of him.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 14, 2024, 10:17:24 AMVircolac - Veneration
JP - Stained Class
Manilla Road - Crystal Logic
Manilla Road - Open The Gates
I have never understood the appeal of Manilla Road, possibly the worst vocals I've ever heard

#11653 February 14, 2024, 01:27:02 PM Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 02:11:43 PM by Necrohag
Quote from: Grim Reality on February 13, 2024, 11:22:02 PMVargrav  - the nighthold.

Only released but pure late 90s BM worship. Its beyond homage for sure but its done straight and never once drifts into sneery know it all territory. And that makes the great photos, bombastic instrumentation and pompous spoken word passages all the more enjoyable. Fine release.

I had no idea they released a third album so threw it on during my daily stroll there. Enjoyed it much more than the previous ones, some class riffs and epic as hell keys on display. It's pure Emperor worship but not in a bad way.

Finally got around to listening to Kerry King's new single too. Uninspired, generic shite as expected with Mark Osegueda's vocals the only saving grace.

Idle Hands indeed. :-X

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on February 14, 2024, 12:46:19 PMI have never understood the appeal of Manilla Road, possibly the worst vocals I've ever heard

Ditto, awful band. See also: Cirith Ungol. I always lump them in together, similar styles of cover art maybe. Can't abide either band anyway.