My nipples are leaking just thinking about it

Quote from: astfgyl on February 17, 2024, 01:31:59 AM

Go on lads. I really think a lot here will love thi5.

The whole thing is too rushed and that drum sound is fuckin atrocious.

#11717 February 17, 2024, 02:56:16 PM Last Edit: February 17, 2024, 03:01:43 PM by astfgyl
Quote from: open face surgery on February 17, 2024, 02:51:51 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 17, 2024, 01:31:59 AM

Go on lads. I really think a lot here will love thi5.

The whole thing is too rushed and that drum sound is fuckin atrocious.

As Roy walker used to say...

That's bollix. How is a song that's designed to sound rushed be too rushed and how can a drum sound that's built in homage to the very DM that the album is constantly referencing be fuckin atrocious when in reality it's fantastic but simply isn't to your taste?

Edit: because you quoted it, I listened to it again. Fuckin unreal

Scald - Born with Teeth
Adversarial - Death, Endless Nothing...
American -Violate and Control
Wood of Suicides - Tree of Woe
Grief - Dismal

Trying to pummel my hangover into submission

What? Why is it designed to be rushed? What DM are they referencing? I don't know the potentially obvious answers to these questions cause I don't listen to Akercocke, cause they're shite.

That drum sound is atrocious!! It's sounds like he's hitting plastic tubs, or very small drums, and when he speeds up it just becomes a tubby blur. Maybe in reality the album is atrocious but it's simply to your taste?

Quote from: open face surgery on February 17, 2024, 03:07:18 PMWhat? Why is it designed to be rushed? What DM are they referencing? I don't know the potentially obvious answers to these questions cause I don't listen to Akercocke, cause they're shite.

That drum sound is atrocious!! It's sounds like he's hitting plastic tubs, or very small drums, and when he speeds up it just becomes a tubby blur. Maybe in reality the album is atrocious but it's simply to your taste?

Urgent would be the word I'd use there. You said rushed but i don't agree. The drum sound is an obvious homage to early to mid 90s US DM and is actually particular to that tune as are most of the other drum sounds on that album. He actually does have a kit with very small drums now you mention it but that has no bearing on how class it is.

Are you convinced now?

Edit: Saying "They're Shite" is weak

I don't hear any homage to early 90's US DM there. If anything a case could be made for sounding like early 2000s DM, something they couldn't even nail despite being from around that era but it still sounds second tier and uninteresting to me. Changing drum sounds throughout an album is anathema to me as well. That's always been my issue with them, they're too all over the place. Also, as in another thread, the English metal press adoration was unwarranted, in my eyes, and a massive deterrent.

Anyway, none of that should take away from your enjoyment.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 17, 2024, 04:58:08 PMI don't hear any homage to early 90's US DM there. If anything a case could be made for sounding like early 2000s DM, something they couldn't even nail despite being from around that era but it still sounds second tier and uninteresting to me. Changing drum sounds throughout an album is anathema to me as well. That's always been my issue with them, they're too all over the place. Also, as in another thread, the English metal press adoration was unwarranted, in my eyes, and a massive deterrent.

Anyway, none of that should take away from your enjoyment.

I think above all else, the English press adoration harmed them more than anything. They are all over the place musically, which I love. I take it you're a drummer am I right?

It certainly didn't do them any favours in my eyes. I love plenty of schizoid music but for them each time they change a section it's too pronounced and not cohesive enough to work.

Guitar is my main instrument but I do play a drums as well.

Aye then, maybe you can't be convinced. I love the schizoid nature of the whole thing and honestly can't understand how they don't get more praise as they are top 5 for me. And all on the strength of 3 albums

Massacre - From Beyond & Inhuman Condition

limited and basic but still love them

Quote from: Bürggermeister on February 17, 2024, 07:06:51 PMMassacre - From Beyond & Inhuman Condition

Like ac/dc

Quote from: astfgyl on February 17, 2024, 07:09:16 PM
Quote from: Bürggermeister on February 17, 2024, 07:06:51 PMMassacre - From Beyond & Inhuman Condition

Like ac/dc
And I wouldn't pay €160 to see Massacre either  :laugh:

Quote from: Bürggermeister on February 17, 2024, 07:10:24 PM
Quote from: astfgyl on February 17, 2024, 07:09:16 PM

Like ac/dc
And I wouldn't pay €160 to see Massacre either  :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Bell Witch - Mirror Reaper
I enjoyed it but I'll probably never listen to it again.