Been ages since I listened to Practice What You as well, so stuck it on earlier. 

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick
Magnum - The Serpent Rings
Kreator - Terrible Certainty
Mortuary Drape - Black Mirror
Testament - Practice What You Preach
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast

I'm thinking of starting up my own heavy metal themed numeracy class for infants. Number of the Beats.

Sodom- In the Sign of Evil/ Obsessed by Cruelty.
Destruction- Infernal Overkill.

Trouble - The Skull

I win.

Unaussprechlichen Kulten - Haxan Saboath
Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God
Skinny Puppy - Bites

Enslaved - Hordanes Land
Kreator - Endless Pain

Unaussprechlichen Kulten - Haxan Saboath
This is absolutely top tier stuff, I can understand why people are raving about it

Amon Amarth - Live from Summerbreeze
Gespenst - Den Sidste Faerd
Gjendød - Krigsdoger

Zeni Geva - Desire for Agony/Freedom Bondage
Meth. - Shame
Drowned - Procul His
Lvcifyre - Svn Eater/The Broken Seal
Spectral Voice - Sparagmos

On my first listen of Häxan Sabaoth. Hitting the spot nicely, quality!

Quote from: OpenSores on February 20, 2024, 12:46:49 PMZeni Geva - Desire for Agony/Freedom Bondage
Meth. - Shame
Drowned - Procul His

It's really fucking good, last thing that got me this hyped up was Blood Incantation.
I really liked the Lvcifyre debut, didn't realise they had more stuff out, will give it a go

Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 20, 2024, 12:33:42 PMUnaussprechlichen Kulten - Haxan Saboath
This is absolutely top tier stuff, I can understand why people are raving about it
Must give that a go soon, have seen it being praised in a few spots now.

Still hopping off that Spectral Voice "Sparagmos" here, unreal stuff, finding new things on every listen but the atmosphere and heaviness is superb anyway.

Procul His - "Drowned" - has had a couple spins lately too and I enjoy the music but there's something off putting about the production on it I think, I get that's the style but it's a bit flat.

Ex Everything - "Slow Change Will Pull Is Apart" - pretty deadly post-hardcore/noise rock featuring about half of the lads from Kowloon Walled City.  Melodic, off kilter, great ideas and lovely production, but a bit unmemorable.  Maybe just needs another go or two to click, it's very enjoyable while it is on mind.

Must check out Ex Everything.

Re. Procul His, I kinda get whatcha mean about the production, I just think it adds an almost blunt force to it.

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on February 20, 2024, 02:09:12 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on February 20, 2024, 12:46:49 PMZeni Geva - Desire for Agony/Freedom Bondage
Meth. - Shame
Drowned - Procul His

It's really fucking good, last thing that got me this hyped up was Blood Incantation.
I really liked the Lvcifyre debut, didn't realise they had more stuff out, will give it a go

The newer Lvcifyre is a little more polished production wise than the earlier material, still a fantastic album.

Back on Häxan Sabaoth, this will be on repeat for a while.

#11758 February 20, 2024, 03:37:00 PM Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 03:52:48 PM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: OpenSores on February 20, 2024, 03:04:50 PMMust check out Ex Everything.

Re. Procul His, I kinda get whatcha mean about the production, I just think it adds an almost blunt force to it.

Probably the fact it's not buried in reverb and all the other tricks modern/"cavernous"death metal bands have got us all accustomed to over the last decade or so. Its closer to something like Warmaster or Soulside Journey production wise.

Pains me to say it but Spectral Voice is a prime example of the overuse of reverb and production. Its a grand album but not a massive leap from the debut to me. More of the same. That's not a negative mind you.

Anay, more from today:
Porcelain s/t (ex members of Exhalants doing a heavier take on the Unwound  thing)
Vemod  - the Deepening (bored me shitless tbh)

Quote from: Pentagrimes on February 20, 2024, 03:37:00 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on February 20, 2024, 03:04:50 PMMust check out Ex Everything.

Probably the fact it's not buried in reverb and all the other tricks modern/"cavernous"death metal bands have got us all accustomed to over the last decade or so. Its closer to something like Warmaster or Soulside Journey production wise.
I'll probably get used to it on another spin, the music itself is great so I wouldn't give up on it too quickly over the production.  But yeah you are probably right I think I'm just used to the modern filth/cavernous style and expected that, especially going back to back with Sparagmos it was jarring.

(Going to try that Porcelain s/t first in the car now because I have been listening to  Exhalants s/t for about two weeks straight too lol)