Quote from: OpenSores on February 20, 2024, 03:04:50 PMMust check out Ex Everything.
Don't go into it expecting KWC and you will enjoy it much more.  You would recognise some of the guitar style and sound but it's pretty different even if the same sort of genre.

Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on February 20, 2024, 02:09:12 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on February 20, 2024, 12:46:49 PMZeni Geva - Desire for Agony/Freedom Bondage
Meth. - Shame
Drowned - Procul His
Lvcifyre - Svn Eater/The Broken Seal
Spectral Voice - Sparagmos

On my first listen of Häxan Sabaoth. Hitting the spot nicely, quality!
It's really fucking good, last thing that got me this hyped up was Blood Incantation.
I really liked the Lvcifyre debut, didn't realise they had more stuff out, will give it a go

Never gave the debut much time. Svn Eater is the unwavering pinnacle of Lvcifyre for me but grew to enjoyed Sacrament and The Broken Seal is a beast.

Delighted to see heads onboard with U Kulten. Savage album.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 20, 2024, 05:59:51 PM
Quote from: Skott Furys jizz rag on February 20, 2024, 02:09:12 PM
Quote from: OpenSores on February 20, 2024, 12:46:49 PMZeni Geva - Desire for Agony/Freedom Bondage
Meth. - Shame
Drowned - Procul His
Lvcifyre - Svn Eater/The Broken Seal
Spectral Voice - Sparagmos

On my first listen of Häxan Sabaoth. Hitting the spot nicely, quality!
It's really fucking good, last thing that got me this hyped up was Blood Incantation.
I really liked the Lvcifyre debut, didn't realise they had more stuff out, will give it a go

Never gave the debut much time. Svn Eater is the unwavering pinnacle of Lvcifyre for me but grew to enjoyed Sacrament and The Broken Seal is a beast.

Delighted to see heads onboard with U Kulten. Savage album.
Have they played here since that festival in the voodoo lounge years ago? Great set, or at least I wasn't scuttered yet 😂 It's a killer album, getting repeated spins

No, they haven't been here since. Ya, that was savage. Double whammy of themselves and Adversarial. New Adversarial on the way as well. Heard a few tracks and they were savage so it'll def be a highlight of the year if that's your tipple.

Quote from: open face surgery on February 20, 2024, 06:35:01 PMNo, they haven't been here since. Ya, that was savage. Double whammy of themselves and Adversarial. New Adversarial on the way as well. Heard a few tracks and they were savage so it'll def be a highlight of the year if that's your tipple.
That was a mighty gig. I was only listening to Adversarial a few days ago, the good news keeps coming!

#11765 February 21, 2024, 03:44:41 AM Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 04:41:35 AM by Carnage
Alice In Chains: Dirt
Temple Of The Dog: s/t

I don't think I realised how much Jeff Buckley lifted from the latter for Grace until tonight. I know he and Cornell were friends and I'd noticed similarities in their styles here and there but some of it's pretty blatant.

Vemod - The Deepening.

Over the last couple of days

Ulver - Bergtatt (Just an all time classic, definitely in my top 5 BM album ever, total masterpiece)
Mefisto - Demos
Mourning Beloveth - Sullen Sulcus
Zyklon B - Blood must be shed
Solitude Aeturnus - Beyond the crimson horizon
Rotting Christ - Triarchy

I have Bergtatt hanging around the stereo this past week too , a timeless work but as always I have trouble accepting it as a Black Metal album despite the shrieks and the tremolo picking.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Unaussprechlichen Kulten - Häxan Sabaoth. Threw it on because it has been mentioned a few times in this thread now. Fantastic album, especially the last two tracks. Will have to check out the rest of their albums.

Sacramentum - Far Away from the Sun. One of my all time favourite melodic black metal albums.

Emperor - Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk (one month to go! :D)

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Primordial - Storm Before Calm
Faith No More - The Real Thing (I could listen to the bass on Woodpecker From Mars all day)
Anvil - Hard N Heavy (always thought 80s Anvil were quality especially the first three albums)

Six Feet Under - Maximum Violence. I haven't listened to this in years. It's almost like a guilty pleasure. I almost shouted out Die Motherfucker in Lidl.

Sodom - Persecution Mania.

Sodom - Agent Orange.

Keeping it all in 1986 today with Master Of Puppets and The Ultimate Sin.

Imagine the shock to middle America back then to think that Ozzy was heavy/extreme to then having his support band come out and change your mind.  :abbath:

Quote from: Circlepit on February 21, 2024, 09:26:48 AMSix Feet Under - Maximum Violence. I haven't listened to this in years. It's almost like a guilty pleasure. I almost shouted out Die Motherfucker in Lidl.

Sodom - Persecution Mania.

Sodom - Agent Orange.
Ah yeah the awkward outward expressions of metal in public 😂 I can't listen to primordial in public due to pulling the metal face and clenching my fists 😂

Judas Iscariot - Dethroned, Conquered and Forgotten
Inquisition - Ominous Doctrines of the Perpetual Mystical Macrocosm

On a USBM buzz recently, I'm currently reading USBM: A Revolution of Identity in American Black Metal by Daniel Lake.

Never listened to Judas Iscariot before, I'd always heard they were shite. The Dethroned EP is formulaic but far more enjoyable than I thought it would be.