Slayer - Diabolous in Musica.

Said I'd give it a run after talking about it in the other thread.

Yeah I still like it. Can't really see why people dislike it so much tbh. The song about rugby is a bit shit fair enough but the rest is all decent. Kind of an odd flat sounding mix on it as well that I find myself liking.

I've a very soft spot for Butter Peace, as it was the first "new" Slayer song I heard when I was just dipping my toes into metal.

Quote from: Ducky on January 07, 2024, 01:16:34 AMI've a very soft spot for Butter Peace, as it was the first "new" Slayer song I heard when I was just dipping my toes into metal.

I'm on my second listen of the day and I still can't get my head around what's the difference between this and any other slayer album I really don't see it at all

Its not a bad album,I listen to it probably more than I do Divine Intervention tbh.

Celtic Frost - To Mega Therion
Negative Plane - The Pact...
Dread Sovereign - All Hell's Martyrs
Aara - Triade III: Nyx
Sigh - Shiki

Quote from: Snare on January 02, 2024, 11:38:23 PM
Quote from: Anvil on January 02, 2024, 04:38:13 PMIron Maiden - Seventh Son. 

Ha, I met a Dub New Year's Eve who is actually a 7th son of a 7th son and he had no idea of the song or album! Claimed his parents took a cowl (?) of his face when he was born as it'd be in high demand from sailors of a superstitious kind.

NP: Mordloch - s/t

He didn't have the power of the second sight, otherwise he would have known what you were going to say and would have known about the song  :P

Darkthrone - Under A Funeral Moon.
Decide - Legion
Morbid Angel - Domination
Obituary - Cause of Death

Hands Up Who Wants To Die - Nil All
[Enjoyed this a lot, reminded me of early Ephel Duath in quite a few places, though not as quirky.]

REZN - Solace
[This is quality, don't think I've listened to them before. Sound like a perfected Mars Red Sky to these ears.]

LA Guns - LA Guns
At the Gates - Terminal Spirit Disease
Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bane
Cradle of Filth - The Principle of Evil Made Flesh
Venator - Paradiser...extended
Malokarpatan - Vertumnus Caesar

Tomb Mold - The Enduring Spirit
Khanate - Khanate

Back to work for the first time from before Christmas and I just have been blasting random albums from the collection.

Hypocrisy - Into the Abyss.
Sentenced - North From Here
Immortal - Sons of Northern Darkness
Flight - Echoes of Journeys Past.
Borknagar - Universal
Helloween - Keeper 2. 
Gamma Ray - Insanity and Genius
Tygers of Pan Tang - The Wreckage

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 07, 2024, 03:26:38 PMHands Up Who Wants To Die - Nil All
[Enjoyed this a lot, reminded me of early Ephel Duath in quite a few places, though not as quirky.]

REZN - Solace
[This is quality, don't think I've listened to them before. Sound like a perfected Mars Red Sky to these ears.]

Both class albums.  HUWWTD also lethal live, if they ever go by your way.  That Rezn album is almost always on too, it sits in that nice place where you can focus in on it and hear tons or leave it on in the background and it just has a nice atmosphere to it.

Entombed - Left Hand Path & Clandestine
Cardiacs - Sing To God
Gaupia - Myriad

Master's Hammer - Finished! - The Complete Demo Edition

#11203 January 09, 2024, 03:52:56 PM Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 03:55:25 PM by hellfire
Got that and the LPs myself, Marco. Killer stuff altogether.

Immortal - War against All.
Morbid Angel -Altars.
Satyricon - Deep calleth upon deep.
Slatanic Slaughter - Tribute to Slayer.
Deicide - Overtures of Blasphemy.