Malokarpatan - Nordkarpatenland

Days of the New - s/t (the first one)

FNM - Angel Dust, KfaD

Spawn of Possession - Noctambulant

Slint - Spiderland

Helmet - Strap it On.

Drüben - Volden er Naturens Mejsel
Drudkh -   All belong to the Night

Quote from: Ducky on January 03, 2024, 06:17:45 PMDays of the New - s/t (the first one)

FNM - Angel Dust, KfaD

Slint - Spiderland

Helmet - Strap it On.

I had a bit of a like/hate relationship with The Days of the New back then. It was catchy enough but massively contrived as well. I haven't heard it since the 90s so my only lingering impression is of the vocalist doing a blatant Layne Staley.

It's one of those albums that's hard to get through, not because it's bad but yeah - contrived suits it perfectly. His voice is a cross between all of the grunge singers combined IMO, you can hear a lot of Vedder in it mainly. I bought the next two albums as well, they're pretty forgettable TBH.

Nicole Scherzinger was in the band at one stage, bizarrely.

On CD

High Spirits- white EP
Iron Maiden - piece of mind
Black Sabbath- Mob Rules
Horslips - Live in NY - London 1977

Graveland - 1050 Years of Pagan Cult
Nile - Amongst the Catacombs of Nephren-Ka

Coroner - Death Cult demo
Always gas hearing Tom G throwing shapes over Coroner music

Pray to the moon, when it is round
Death with you shall then abound
What you seek, for can't be found
In sea or sky or underground...

:abbath:  :abbath:  :abbath:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 03, 2024, 08:48:51 PM
Quote from: Ducky on January 03, 2024, 06:17:45 PMDays of the New - s/t (the first one)

FNM - Angel Dust, KfaD

Slint - Spiderland

Helmet - Strap it On.

I had a bit of a like/hate relationship with The Days of the New back then. It was catchy enough but massively contrived as well. I haven't heard it since the 90s so my only lingering impression is of the vocalist doing a blatant Layne Staley.

Same as that, even now. Some great tunes (Touch Peel and Stand, The Downtown in particular), but as you say, it's all a bit contrived. I remember any time loading the CD into the hifi I always thought "like fuck you had 70+ minutes of worthwhile music".

I must give the second album a go again, about the only thing I remember about it is your one from The Pussycat Dolls featuring on it prominently.

Indian - From All Purity

Savage.....

#11186 January 05, 2024, 07:21:01 PM Last Edit: January 05, 2024, 11:46:34 PM by Eoin McLove
Graveland- Thousand Swords.
Veles- The Black Ravens Flew Again.
Alice in Chains- Facelift.

ISIS - Oceanic
Gojira - The Way of All Flesh
Trials - This Ruined World
Turnstile - Time & Space
Frank Zappa - Chunga's Revenge

Vastum - Inward To Gethsemane

Random selections throwing up some crackers this week, high scores abound...

Therion - Lepaca Kliffoth 10/10
A band in transition here but this opus captured a perfect balance between their DM roots and the overt pomp and circumstance to come.

Bathory - Blood On Ice 9/10
The album that was originally intended to be Blood Fire Death but was revived later as this epic, expansive, folk tale.

Deicide - Overtures Of Blasphemy 9/10
Still being floored by how unexpectedly killer this one was, definite third best effort for me behind the terrible twosome.

Liege Lord - Master Control 9/10
Savage American 80's Power Metal that really didn't needn't the admittedly ripping cover of 'Kill The King' slapped in the middle of it.

Primordial - Where Greater Men Have Fallen 8.5/10
A quality, multi-layered release that saw the band drop the blasting fury of The Seed Of Tyrants into an otherwise, weighty and melancholic affair.

Testament - Dark Roots Of The Earth 8.5/10
Great collection of songs from Testament here, the best of their comeback albums for me.

In The Woods - Cease The Day 8/10
James Fogarty's black snarl kept this one on the dark side of that In The Woods/ Green Carnation spectrum

Bloodbath - Grand Morbid Funeral 8/10
Grand Death Metal gangbang , I still prefer Akerfeldt's presence though

Runemagick - The Supreme Force Of Eternity 8/10
Only previously had this on the arse end of a C90 until Ol (St)Nick intervened this year with a nice, shiny new vinyl reissue, the original and best from Runemagick.

Tankard - Zombie Attack 7.5/10
1986, the year of Master of Puppets, Reign In Blood, Peace Sells....and this punked up little runt snapping around their heels

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes