Necros Christos - Doom Of The Occvlt

Majesties - Vast Reaches Unclaimed.

Alkaloid - Numen

Cruciamentum - Obsidian Refractions

Voidceremony - Threads of Unknowing

Which all happen to be my albums of the year. And yes, I listened to fuck all new stuff this year  :abbath:

The flashy leads on that Voidceremony put me off it a bit from what I remember, like they were TOO much for DM but I suppose, like everything, it's a question of taste.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Mr Barlow on December 28, 2023, 01:45:48 PMNecros Christos - Doom Of The Occvlt

I must revisit this album. The songs were immense live that time they played The Pint but that album never clicked with me.

Astrofaes- Those Whose Past is Immortal. I'm sure I've listened to these guys before but it must have gone in one ear and out the other. Seems like their time is right for me now. This album is really good. Vicious and wild sounding but also epic and powerful. You can hear Drudkh in the mix but it is more primal. I think I'll have to make it one of my many metal mission to grab the Drakker reissues.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 25, 2023, 08:25:17 PMStriknien DC- Songs from the Gash Factory.

Tis.

Does anyone know if Deko Dachau is still doing a decent price on The Big Issue?

There's an old book in the mother's gaff called A Day In The Life Of Ireland that has a great picture of a couple of the Striknien lads coming out of a gaff in Stoneybatter or thereabouts that I was only looking at the other day.

Didn't they have that Trevor lad from (ah fuck can't think of the name now) in em?

Trevor from Stagnation/Senzar? I don't think he was every in Striknien.

Astrofaes- Dying Emotions Domain. Epic.

Infamovs - Stench of the Unholy Graves
https://infamovs.bandcamp.com/album/stench-of-the-unholy-graves

Sepulcrum - Lamentation of Immolated Souls
https://chaos-records.bandcamp.com/album/lamentation-of-immolated-souls

Two very different but equally impressive Chilean death metal albums from this year.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 29, 2023, 10:40:51 PMTrevor from Stagnation/Senzar? I don't think he was every in Striknien.

Astrofaes- Dying Emotions Domain. Epic.

Yeah that's the lad. He must have just been just hanging around with the lads then back in the day. Sound fella anyway

Is he the Tipp lad with the bulbous ceann? Very sound, don't think he was in any band. Sold the Big Issue though alright.

No, he's a Dub. Shaved head with tattoos all over his face.

Asphyx-Death the brutal way!

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 30, 2023, 04:09:07 AMNo, he's a Dub. Shaved head with tattoos all over his face.

Ah yeah, I know the lad. He was in Indecent Exposure too, there was a mural of him in The Old Chinaman back in the day.

Quote from: Carnage on December 30, 2023, 03:05:19 AMIs he the Tipp lad with the bulbous ceann? Very sound, don't think he was in any band. Sold the Big Issue though alright.

I think I know who you're talking about from that description, which is hilarious  :laugh: . They'd have all been knocking around together

Aye, I knew some of them vaguely, a mate of mine was a punk and we'd go to a few gigs.