Undertones - s/t & hypnotised. CD reissues

Unbelievable drops from Werewolf Promotions and Werewolf Productions in last couple of days. Been enjoying the new releases from

Vargrav
White Death
Aukels
Rivers Like Veins

Neurosis- The Eye of Every Storm.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on December 25, 2023, 01:28:59 AMNeurosis- The Eye of Every Storm.

Damn

I need to need to listen to that a sun that never sets again, it's been to long

Those are religious experience albums

My copy of A Sun That Never Sets grew legs over the years. I need to replace it.

Pestilence - Consuming Impulse. By the way, a good hangover cure. 34th anniversary today (well, I doubt it, since you wouldn't be able to buy it (almost) anywhere on 25/12/1989). However, it's still a massive killer!

#11136 December 25, 2023, 08:25:17 PM Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 04:03:55 AM by Eoin McLove
Cradle of Filth- Cruelty and the Beast.

I haven't listened to this in a long, long time. I didn't get into it to the same obsessive level as I did Dusk... I did enjoy it though but it doesn't even sound that familiar to me now. Horrible plastic drums and thin guitar sound aside it sounds decent enough. Nice use of violin which I don't remember at all.

Drudkh- Songs of Grief and Solitude.

I bought this year's ago after getting into The Swan Road. The traditional song at the end of that album really clicked with me with its ancient sounding vocals and I had hoped this folk album by them would be full of that croaky singing. It wasn't. And I never really went back to it. Let's see if it's any use.
Edit. Pure grand.

Einherjer- Aurora Borealis/ Leve Vikingånden.

Saw these lads support Cradle in 98 and thought they were shite. Too old school and too corny sounding for me back then. Silly 16 year old me, they are deadly.

Zoundz- Can't Cheat Karma.

So unbelievably good. I need to buy some of their stuff soon.

The Steam Pig- Deep Fried Obedience.

Oi!

Striknien DC- Songs from the Gash Factory.

Tis.

My Dying Bride- Turn Loose the Swans.

Ah sure.

Fossilization-Leprous Daylight.

Satyricon -Volcano.
Mayhem - Live in Marseille.
Emperor - Nightside of the Eclipse.
Cannibal Corpse - The Bleeding.
Carcass - Heartwork.

Out of morbid curiosity I put on Origin - Echoes of Decimation after remembering them being huge when I was younger with the whole tech death thing being massive at the time, with the likes of Spawn of possession, Gorod, psycroptic.. etc fuck me this is bad, I might have picked a bad choice out of the tech death lot but this just absolute shite weedly noise, sweeps and blasts with no point it seems like, technicality with no soul whatsoever. Had to turn it off.

I was on a completely un-metal buzz the past week or so listening to mostly Morrissey & The Smiths. I have a really bad habit of doing this but I am not ashamed and have no regrets. This morning I'm enjoying a few select cold black metal tunes like Gorgoroth Sign of an Open Eye, but I've already queued up now some Black Sabbath, Zeppelin, Budgie, etc favs. In the mood today for a lot of classic rock and metal, 70's shit. Happy Xmas over and Stephens Day day off I hope to everyone, hope the craic is good!

Nothing wrong with a bit Morrissey.   

Queen - A Day at the Races (been an age since I stuck on some Queen). 
Soul Reaper - Life Eraser (don't ever remember buying or listening to this, but it is in the collection.  When I googled the band, I realised why it sounded so much like Dissection and  probably the reason I  bought it). 
Mourning Beloveth - Formless
Darkthrone - Under a Funeral Moon

The Agony and Ecstasy of Watain -
Watain.

This is just brilliant.

Avatarium - The Girl with the Raven Mask
Desaster - A Touch of Medieval Darkness (love this album so much)
Watchtower - Control and Resistance
Testament - The New Order
Forefather - Curse of the Cwelled
Cradle of Filth - Principles of Evil Made Flesh (been ages since I listened to Cradle of Filth)

Testament-Low
Decapitated-Winds
Dying fetus - Destroy