Quote from: Anvil on January 11, 2024, 09:07:57 AMRemember listening to Play a lot when it was released but never bothered listening to anything else he did.   

Ulver - Vargnatt
Witchcraft - The Alchemist
Silver Talon - Decadence and Decay
Type O Negative - October Rust.
Steelover - Glove Me
Livid - Beneath this Shroud the Earth Erodes
Slayer - South of Heaven 

Animal Rights is great. Sort of punk and 90s industrial rock and metal thing that sounds absolutely nothing like Play at all anywhere on it. Face It is some tune, complete with 6 minute guitar solo and howling vocals. Fuckin love that album. Even the little violin piece at the start is beautiful, and the track Living near the end is fantastic too.

Scored one of the old double CD versions on discogs for 13 dollars including delivery a year or two ago and the bonus disc Little Idiot is worth more than that by itself. Class ambient stuff on that bonus disc. Great all the way through.

Malokarpatan - Vertumnus Caesar
Yes...its living up to the hype.

Blut Aus Nord - Hallucinogen

Incantation - Onward to Golgotha
Incantation - Diabolical Conquest

Saw Throat - Inde$troy

Quote from: Malco on January 10, 2024, 10:46:11 AM
Quote from: hellfire on January 09, 2024, 03:52:56 PMGot that and the LPs myself, Marco. Killer stuff altogether.

It's a nice stuff, Darkness Shall Rise did a great job once again. I'm happy with the audio quality and the booklet itself is fantastic, loads of interviews and interesting photos.

They always do. All of their releases are first class. The LP's are deadly.

Mythos - Pain amplification

Fuck this album rules, been listening to it all week. I remember seeing this album all the time about 10 years ago when Nuclear Winter recs reissued it but was always put off by the artwork they had on the release. The original art is far superior but only released on cd so probably couldn't blow it up to LP size? But anyway,  I just never really looked into them, too much stuff coming out at the time and they just fell from memory and I don't ever hear them mentioned, sick now I've been missing out on this all this time. Twisted Grinding black/death perfection. 

Will give that a lash.

#11227 January 11, 2024, 07:58:56 PM Last Edit: January 11, 2024, 08:53:26 PM by Mithrandir
The best way to describe it is it sounds very Finnish.

Edit: actually I take that back, probably a bit straightforward by Finnish standards.

Good shout. This sounds savage.

Sounds decent alright. Just looking at the track titles, are they a pisstake or badly translated or what?

Quote from: Mithrandir on January 11, 2024, 06:33:34 PMMythos - Pain amplification

Fuck this album rules, been listening to it all week. I remember seeing this album all the time about 10 years ago when Nuclear Winter recs reissued it but was always put off by the artwork they had on the release. The original art is far superior but only released on cd so probably couldn't blow it up to LP size? But anyway,  I just never really looked into them, too much stuff coming out at the time and they just fell from memory and I don't ever hear them mentioned, sick now I've been missing out on this all this time. Twisted Grinding black/death perfection. 

they're intro song has 666 plays on yt music :,D

pretty good album too listening to it right now :]
Turntables go eeeeeera era era

Alluvial - Death Is But A Door E.P.

If this is an indication of their upcoming album then it's most welcome.

Slidhr - White Hart!
Rotting Christ - Triarchy of the Lost Lovers
Soulcaster - Maelstrom of Death and Steel
Winterfylleth - The Reckoning Dawn
Carpathian Forest - Strange Old Brew

Incantation - Diabolical Conquest
Beherit - Engram
Nightbringer - Ego Dominus Tuus

#11234 January 12, 2024, 09:28:13 PM Last Edit: January 13, 2024, 01:10:20 AM by Eoin McLove
Rotting Christ- Thy Mighty Contract.
Skepticism- Stormcrowfleet.
Thergothon- Streams From The Heavens.
Sinmara- Aphotic Womb.