#10860 November 16, 2023, 01:07:53 AM Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 05:33:23 AM by Carnage

Quote from: open face surgery on November 15, 2023, 10:56:17 PMIt's on spotify.

Ah fuck the oul Spotify as far as I'm concerned. Had it once, downloaded a load of albums but I never really had any of them because the minute I didn't pay up they were gone. Fuck that I still throw shit onto cdr and bust it out in the car. Most of the time I already own the things I burn but they're scratched out so like fuck it

#10862 November 16, 2023, 01:53:53 AM Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 05:35:07 AM by Carnage
Godflesh: Purge

Voivod: Phobos. An underrated one IMO, the title track is one of their best.

Twisted Sister: Live At Reading '82 - ridiculously heavy gig. The version of Tear It Loose pisses on the Entombed cover.

Type O Negative: October Rust. Mandatory at this time of year.

Dead Can Dance: Toward The Within DVD

Sparks - Kimono My House, Number 1 in Heaven, Angst in My Pants, Propaganda.

Only got into these lads recently (despite loving the few songs I know for years). It's kinda arty, kinda poppy, and times kinda demented.

Swallow the Sun's debut. Great band missed them til now.

#10865 November 16, 2023, 08:52:49 AM Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 09:16:33 AM by Anvil
Quote from: Don Gately on November 16, 2023, 08:41:04 AMSwallow the Sun's debut. Great band missed them til now.

Love that album.

Sorcerer - Reign of the Reaper (don't think it is as impactful as their earlier stuff but need to listen to it more)

Decided to listen to some completely random choices from collection. 

Lucifer's Child - The Order
Ancient - The Cainian Chronicles
Emerson Lake & Palmer - Tarkus

Drawn and Quartered - The One Who Lurks
Drawn and Quartered - Congregation Pestilence
Graveland - In the Glare of Burning Churches
Graveland - Memory and Destiny

Working my way through Drawn and Quartered's discography, they've released some great albums. They've been described as sounding like Incantation performing 'Altars of Madness'.

I never see any love for Graveland on here, is it just down to Darken being a fucking moron?
They have released some quality stuff, I'd consider 'Thousand Swords' to be one of the best BM albums...maybe this is one for the controversial thread.

I only have In the Glare of Burning Churches and Following the Voice of Blood. Neither Havre really clicked with me massively but I have recently cracked Veles, who I have hitherto believed to be sucky, so maybe it's a good time to revisit Graveland.

#10868 November 16, 2023, 12:26:27 PM Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 04:58:31 PM by Thorn
Skid Row - Slave To The Grind 9/10
Accept - Blind Rage 8.5/10
Ascended Dead - Evenfall Of The Apocalypse 8/10
Cruciamentum - Engulfed By Desolation 7.5/10
Stille Volk - Hantaoma 7/10
Testament - The Ritual 7/10
Cancer - Death Shall Rise 7/10
Guns'n'Roses - The Spaghetti Incident 7/10
Godflesh - Purge 6.5/10
Malevolent Creation - Stillborn 5/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Massey Ferguson on November 16, 2023, 11:29:00 AMDrawn and Quartered - The One Who Lurks
Drawn and Quartered - Congregation Pestilence

Working my way through Drawn and Quartered's discography, they've released some great albums. They've been described as sounding like Incantation performing 'Altars of Madness'.

Have The One Who Lurks and Feeding Hell's Furnace. Both cool albums. Saw them a few years ago at a festival and they were a definite highlight.

Candlemass- Tales of Creation. You know when you pick the perfect CD to suit your mood? This morning I nailed it. Candlemass never sounded so good as they did on the drive to work  8)

I'm listening to the live Nirvana gig again. Haven't even tried the second one but fuck what a band when you hear em live like this with proper sound. All the usual mistakes are there too but they sound brilliant now

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 16, 2023, 07:55:52 PMCandlemass- Tales of Creation. You know when you pick the perfect CD to suit your mood? This morning I nailed it. Candlemass never sounded so good as they did on the drive to work  8)

Never heard a full song of Candlemass. Saw half a video where they were on a boat or some shit and the vocals were terrible. Is that video an actual thing and if it is, is that video in any way representative of the general vocal style?

I don't know which video you mean. Check out the video for Bewitched on YouTube. A cult classic featuring none other than Dead from Mayhem as a young lad pretending to be a zombie. Savage song, fun and ludicrous video and a super hot chick thrown in for good measure.

Sound. Please god the awful vocals will have been all in my head like the video