Portrait - s/t
The Abominable Iron Sloth - s/t & The Id Will Overcome

Falkenbach -   ...en their medh riki fara...    
                        ...magni blandinn ok megintíri...    
                        Ok nefna tysvar Ty    
                       Heralding - The Fireblade

Black Crown Initiate - Song of the Crippled Bull

Don't think they ever managed to top this

Hexvessel - "Polar Veil"
Never gave these lads a go before, first spin off this today and it is lethal.  Can see this sticking with me for a while, it's unexpectedly exactly what I was after today too.

Zimoun - "Modular Guitar Fields I-VI"
Drone.  Relaxed, ambient, interesting but designed for space rather than focus.  Lush textures and very bare bones, just a guitar looped into a modular synth by the looks of it.  Deadly though.  Reminds me a lot of Eric Holm's "Andøya" in it's sparseness.

Mastodon - Hushed And Grim (Probably in the minority here but I think this is their most consistent work)

Type O Negative - October Rust (Cos the leaves are yellow and all...)

Jerry Cantrell - Degradation Trip (This one didn't age well. Dull as fuck with a few exceptions)

Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals (I don't give a fuck what people think of him overall, this is a brilliant rock album)

Agreed about Mechanical Animals, great album, nice sleazy glam rock.

Thought the same about both Cantrell albums, maybe a good album's worth of stuff between them. How that got a  extended esition is baffling, assuming the best songs were on the standard edition.

Yeah I never stretched to the extended version of Degradation Trip for the same reason. The other solo album, Boggy Depot, is terrible. He must have been off his face when he thought that was worth the effort. Maybe I'm being overly harsh but this is the guy that wrote Dirt and Jar Of Flies

Mortuary Drape - Black Mirror
Hexvessel - Polar Veil
Suffocation - Hymns from the Apocrypha
Mayhem - Daemonic Rites
Autopsy - Ashes Organs Blood and Crypts

Quote from: The Great Cull on November 15, 2023, 02:41:30 PMMastodon - Hushed And Grim (Probably in the minority here but I think this is their most consistent work)

Type O Negative - October Rust (Cos the leaves are yellow and all...)

Jerry Cantrell - Degradation Trip (This one didn't age well. Dull as fuck with a few exceptions)

Marilyn Manson - Mechanical Animals (I don't give a fuck what people think of him overall, this is a brilliant rock album)
I like Hushed and Grim too.

Quote from: Carnage on November 15, 2023, 02:48:23 PMAgreed about Mechanical Animals, great album, nice sleazy glam rock.

Thought the same about both Cantrell albums, maybe a good album's worth of stuff between them. How that got a  extended esition is baffling, assuming the best songs were on the standard edition.

Some of the best songs are only on the extended edition (which was the original version of the album before Roadrunner decided to chop it up, and then release the full thing).

Had the 30th anniversary version of In Utero on there. Sounds a bit more live I think. The remastered versions of b sides are great on it, the new mix of Sappy is for certain now the definitive one, it nearly brought a tear to my eye so it did.

Only listened to one of the gigs on it so far but by god was it brilliant to hear it like that. Would highly recommend to anyone who likes Nirvana to check out the first live gig on there. The version of smells like teen spirit is so good I nearly forgot I was sick to the teeth of it and tbf every song just sounds energetic as fuck.

Otherwise I've been on a fairly solid diet of Alec Empire for my kicks.

Intelligence and Sacrifice

Futurist

The Golden Foretaste of Heaven

Shivers EP

All great albums and there's no-one else really like any of it

Quote from: astfgyl on November 15, 2023, 04:49:58 PMHad the 30th anniversary version of In Utero on there. Sounds a bit more live I think. The remastered versions of b sides are great on it, the new mix of Sappy is for certain now the definitive one, it nearly brought a tear to my eye so it did.

Only listened to one of the gigs on it so far but by god was it brilliant to hear it like that. Would highly recommend to anyone who likes Nirvana to check out the first live gig on there. The version of smells like teen spirit is so good I nearly forgot I was sick to the teeth of it and tbf every song just sounds energetic as fuck.

Nice one, will give it a lash. Had the normal album on lately due to the coverage and listened to the Conan interview with Dave, Krist and Albini. Sappy is a great tune.

Celtic Frost - Morbid Tales cd, To Mega T' cd
Manowar - Sign Of The Hammer cd
Judas Priest - Demolition cd

Quote from: open face surgery on November 15, 2023, 05:48:36 PMNice one, will give it a lash. Had the normal album on lately due to the coverage and listened to the Conan interview with Dave, Krist and Albini. Sappy is a great tune.

https://superdeluxeedition.com/news/nirvana-in-utero-30th-anniversary-reissue/

Don't think I'll be buying one though!

It's on rutracker if you're that way inclined. Thank god all the Russians weren't cancelled