Quote from: Ducky on November 12, 2023, 04:14:27 PMHigh Anxiety is great. "Who Knows" may as well be one of the "big" songs from Troublegum.

It's Neil Cooper's first album with them, and I've always thought his style of playing is a lot closer to Ewing's than Hopkins' ever was.

Edit - Semi-detached is whopper. "Safe" and "Straight Life" are two of my favourite Therapy? songs :abbath:

Have High Anxiety on here this minute and I'm on Who Knows. I see what you mean

Also about Semi Detached, there's plenty of great songs on there it really grew on me after I picked it up in Dealz for the 1.50 a year or two ago. I guess back in the day I was just unhappy that it wasn't Infernal Love but it's a proper Therapy? album indeed. They have a certain oddness to their poppiness that when they get it right is great.

Having watched some of their very old live stuff on YouTube over the years I'd fuckin love to have seen them then

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 12, 2023, 08:00:35 PMThey lost something after Nurse by going more poppy. I miss the weirdness. Some catchy songs alright, but nothing touches Nurse. There's a bit of an industrial buzz off nurse that makes it sound so alien.

I love that about it too. It reminds me of that vaguely industrial thing that Killing Joke have going on a lot of their stuff as well

David Lee Roth - Eat 'em and smile
Atheist - Elements
Paul Gilbert - Silence Followed by a Deafening Roar
Protest the Hero - Kezia

I never would have considered Nurse a poppy album, even compared to Babyteeth and Pleasure Death. I picked up the tape when I was 10 so my reference points for that stuff were absolute zero. They are slightly higher than that now so I can see where they drew some influence (Killing Joke as mentioned above) but when Troublegum came out a couple of years later, I liked it, but felt they had changed from being this weird, hard to define entity into a pop rock band.

Teethgrinder is acid house played with guitars. I'm not complaining, I love the album (we had a band at the time, in school, we 'played' Teethgrinder), but that was the impression I had at the time.

Yeah Teethgrinder has a dance beat and that repetition to it. But it's still dark and unsettling compared to, say, Nowhere, which is pop.

I may need to be kicked off the forum for this but here goes. I got the Hammerfall Crimson Thunder 20th anniversary 3 CD thing. Must confess I'm basking in delicious cheese here. I'll leave the hall now.

Cynic - Focus, sublime

Quote from: hellfire on November 13, 2023, 10:23:42 AMI may need to be kicked off the forum for this but here goes. I got the Hammerfall Crimson Thunder 20th anniversary 3 CD thing. Must confess I'm basking in delicious cheese here. I'll leave the hall now.

Can't beat a bit of cheesy Power Metal from time to time. I listen to Virgin Steele for my cheese fix when I need a break from meaty Death Metal.

Gutted - Bleed for Us to Live
Drawn and Quartered - Feeding Hell's Furnace
Incantation - Onward to Golgotha

Quote from: hellfire on November 13, 2023, 10:23:42 AMI may need to be kicked off the forum for this but here goes. I got the Hammerfall Crimson Thunder 20th anniversary 3 CD thing. Must confess I'm basking in delicious cheese here. I'll leave the hall now.

Fantastic album..need a power metal fix every now and again..saw them play it supporting helloween last year they are some craic live

Nothing wrong with a bit of power metal!  :abbath:

Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Rory Gallagher - Top Priority
Cruel Force - The Rise of Satanic Might
Messa - Live at Roadburn
Iron Savior - Firestar
Grinder - Dawn for the Living

#10841 November 13, 2023, 12:54:55 PM Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 04:33:46 PM by londonleatherboy
Bruce Dickinson - Balls to Picasso + Bonus B Sides cd
Grabbed tickets to Manchester so revisiting all his stuff..Haven't spun his stuff in about 15 years so a welcome return to it. Ball's is a lot stronger than I remember it being, his voice is superb on it

Skunkworks cd..Good for what it is
.not metal enough for me

Accident of birth cd - Masterpiece

Judas Priest- Sad Wings of Destiny.

Skeletal Remains - Beyond The Flesh
Skeletal Remains - Condemned To Misery
Therapy? - High Anxiety

Listening to Fallakr again  :abbath:  :abbath: