Epicus And Nightfall are both 10/10. Been on constantly lately. I posted a live show from 1990 in the live thread. Unreal.

Discharge - hear nothing cd
Judas priest - live in London cd
Testament- low cd

Quote from: open face surgery on November 16, 2023, 10:08:38 PMEpicus And Nightfall are both 10/10. Been on constantly lately. I posted a live show from 1990 in the live thread. Unreal.

I'm less familiar with Tales despite having had the CD for years but it hit the spot nicely this morning. And ties in with what we were chatting about the other day too, production wise.

Alchemy of flesh, new album,liking it so far!.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 16, 2023, 11:11:45 PM
Quote from: open face surgery on November 16, 2023, 10:08:38 PMEpicus And Nightfall are both 10/10. Been on constantly lately. I posted a live show from 1990 in the live thread. Unreal.

I'm less familiar with Tales despite having had the CD for years but it hit the spot nicely this morning. And ties in with what we were chatting about the other day too, production wise.
There is a cover of Solitude at the end of Swallow the Sun's debut, fairly crushing rendition. It made me reach for Candlemass before I saw this post. Perfect winter music.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 16, 2023, 11:39:00 AMI only have In the Glare of Burning Churches and Following the Voice of Blood. Neither Havre really clicked with me massively but I have recently cracked Veles, who I have hitherto believed to be sucky, so maybe it's a good time to revisit Graveland.

Thousand Swords is their best IMO, especially if you're looking for rawer Black Metal.
The later albums, like Memory and Destiny and Thunderbolt of the Gods, are epic Viking metal but still have the shitty Graveland sound despite the violins and choral vocals.

Quote from: open face surgery on November 16, 2023, 12:41:42 PM
Quote from: Massey Ferguson on November 16, 2023, 11:29:00 AMDrawn and Quartered - The One Who Lurks
Drawn and Quartered - Congregation Pestilence

Working my way through Drawn and Quartered's discography, they've released some great albums. They've been described as sounding like Incantation performing 'Altars of Madness'.

Have The One Who Lurks and Feeding Hell's Furnace. Both cool albums. Saw them a few years ago at a festival and they were a definite highlight.

The first few albums aren't too great, but they hit their stride with Hail Infernal Darkness which is the one I keep returning to. 

Quote from: Massey Ferguson on November 17, 2023, 08:48:16 AM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 16, 2023, 11:39:00 AMI only have In the Glare of Burning Churches and Following the Voice of Blood. Neither Havre really clicked with me massively but I have recently cracked Veles, who I have hitherto believed to be sucky, so maybe it's a good time to revisit Graveland.

Thousand Swords is their best IMO, especially if you're looking for rawer Black Metal.
The later albums, like Memory and Destiny and Thunderbolt of the Gods, are epic Viking metal but still have the shitty Graveland sound despite the violins and choral vocals.

Cool. I'll have to dive in a bit more.

Continuing with the totally random selections...

Apraxia - Hymns of Dark Forest
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Slayer - Haunting the Chapel
Cirith Ungol - One Foot in Hell

Back to normal programming (usually the closest CD to hand)
Silver Talon - Decadence and Decay
Abigail Williams - Legend

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 16, 2023, 11:11:45 PM

Have it on now and the production is indeed spot on. I'm completely unfamiliar with it although I see there's a new version of Under the Oak. Have only ever dipped in and out of Ancient Dreams as well. Just always end up putting on one of the first 2.

Rotting Christ- Passage to Arcturo.
Kat- 666.

Mortuary Drape - Black Mirror
Horrendous - Ontological Mysterium
Cult of Occult - Five Degrees of Insanity
Killing Joke - Absolute Dissent, it's been a while not their greatest.

Hooded Menace - The Tritonus Bell
GGU:LL - Ex Est
Messa - Belfry
Green Lung - This Heathen Land

#10888 November 18, 2023, 01:47:59 AM Last Edit: November 18, 2023, 01:56:54 AM by Carnage
Nine Inch Nails: The Fragile Instrumental

For some unknown reason, all the NIN stuff I had on my phone came up in the Recently Added section in Black Player (it's all there from day 1) so might as well give it a spin.

Someone said astfgyl (I think it was) has an 'ultimate mix' of the album, if so I'd be curious... 🤔

My Bloody Valentine: Loveless (remastered from original 1630 tape)

TBF there are two remastered versions on the recent reissue and they both sound identical. This is just disc one, really.