Quote from: open face surgery on September 28, 2023, 08:48:38 PM
Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 28, 2023, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on September 28, 2023, 04:26:35 PMI listened to Frozen Soul - Crypt Of Ice this morning. Not bad but a bit like Bolt Thrower lite. This afternoon I was watching their set from Bloodstock. It was going well until he started telling the crowd to do push ups.... Nobody seemed to do it. I don't get why he asked he said it in the first place.
Anyway the live guitar tone is great.

Absolutely everything that's wrong with modern "death metal" in one band to me. Gym soundtrack bullshit.

Angry satan loving nerds only, thanks.

This statement is so true to me that it nearly feels like bait  :laugh:

Terrible, terrible fuckin scene kid/hardcore breakdown death metal. There were crust bands doing the BT thing much better and much dirtier years ago. This is PR death metal for ex emo kids.

This sums it up pretty perfectly, Death Metal for non metallers and the absolute lamest of the current bunch.

Oh and while we're at it, Crypta can fuck off too.

#10501 September 28, 2023, 11:33:07 PM Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 11:58:24 PM by Eoin McLove
Master's Hammer- Ritual.

Chevalier- Destiny Calls. What a fucking boring album. I liked the demo and EP before it as they were full of energy and were highly catchy. The album is utterly bland and turgid. Hardly a single catchy vocal line on the entire damn thing. Name dropping obscure French speed metal bands is only cool if you can write good songs on the back of it. Dull as fuck.

Enforcer- Death by Fire. I never gave this a fair crack for some reason despite loving Diamonds so it has been gathering dust on my shelf for ten years. It is off to a ripping start. Dunno why it didn't click with me before. I must check out their new one.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 28, 2023, 11:33:07 PMChevalier- Destiny Calls. What a fucking boring album. I liked the demo and EP before it as they were full of energy and were highly catchy. The album is utterly bland and turgid. Hardly a single catchy vocal line on  the entire damn thing. It sounds like massive effort to make speed metal this dull.

Them changing logos was the last straw for me. The original was deadly.

#10503 September 29, 2023, 01:38:58 AM Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 01:56:48 AM by Ducky
Was playing the Cyberpunk 2077 "Phantom Liberty" expansion earlier, and there's a mission called "Lucretia My Reflection" early on in it, so felt inspired to throw on The Sisters of Mercy's 'Floodland'. As an aside, most (if not all) the main missions in Cyberpunk are named after songs (eg one of the preceding missions in the expansion is called 'Dog Eat Dog'

A fun read if you're inclined towards games+music at all.

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/index.php?threads/names-of-cyberpunk-2077-quests-and-references-to-famous-songs.11075486/

The soundtrack is also great - it features (among many) in-game radio stations, a proper metal station that features two bands named Bacillus, and Shattered Void. I thought both bands had similar sounds to stuff I'd already listen to, and it turns out the former is actually Tomb Mold, and the latter is Converge.

Bonus points that there's an in-world band named Samurai that sound a whole lot like Refused... mainly because it's actually Refused.

Quote from: Mithrandir on September 28, 2023, 11:59:30 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 28, 2023, 11:33:07 PMChevalier- Destiny Calls. What a fucking boring album. I liked the demo and EP before it as they were full of energy and were highly catchy. The album is utterly bland and turgid. Hardly a single catchy vocal line on  the entire damn thing. It sounds like massive effort to make speed metal this dull.

Them changing logos was the last straw for me. The original was deadly.

I like both logos but yeah, the magic disappeared.

So much cringe in black metal but I still love it for some reason. Was thrilled to see two Judas Iscariot shirts on sale recently, then came the back print. I wear my shirts daily but there is a hard limit as to how much cringe I can pull off.

Quote from: ochoill on September 27, 2023, 01:00:35 PM
Quote from: ochoill on September 24, 2023, 05:12:39 PMGreat Falls - "Objects Without Pain"

https://greatfalls.bandcamp.com/album/objects-without-pain

Excellent stuff, sludge/noise rock, nice and heavy throughout, jarring and bleak.

Still plugging away at this, somehow the heavy bits manage to appear heavier on each relisten.  Lots to dig into across the whole record.  Ridiculously good, possible AOTY for me.

This. It's fucking great. The name put me off but fuck is it heavy and also brilliant. Reminds me of about 15 bands I love but manages to be its own thing with that.

Primordial - How It Ens. Worth the repeated listens.
Disguised Malignance - Entering The Gateways. These young bucks have me hooked.

Forest Silence - Philosophy of Winter

Iron Maiden: Somewhere In Time
Sepultura: Beneath The Remains
Anthrax: Among The Living
Type O Negative: October Rust

Manowar - Hail To England
Master's Hammer - Ritual
Judas Priest - Defenders of the Faith
Judas Priest - Screaming for Vengeance
Cruel Force - Dawn of the Axe
Stälker - Black Majik Terror
Stälker - Shadow of the Sword
Nuovo Testamento - Love lines

I think Stälker are playing here soon with Midnight and Denouncement Pyre (and another band as well I think). Are they any use? I must listen to Midnight as they have pretty much passed me by completely.

No need Andy, you've already heard Venom and Motorhead so you've in effect already heard Midnight.

Yeah, I thought so. But I watched a video of them earlier. Could be fun live if the rest of the lineup was good.

I'd say they'd be good craic live from the looks of it but theyre pointless on record.

Lashing on In Solitude's "Sister" now. Tis the season. It'll be Christian Death and Type O for the next few weeks.
Must dig out the PAGA album as well. A bizarre gem.