Forgjord - Ilmestykset

Today, or the last few hours or so I guess, I spent watching Metallica's current 72 Seasons Tour Videos & I actually think they are playing brilliantly & more on form than they have been in years honestly, I dunno where they pulled it from, even songs like Call of Ktulu & Orion have a magic to them again, & man these HQ Vids really show off their undeniably cool, even if you hate them, stageshow/setup from the middle of the crowd thing. So yeah, Metallica rules & fuck off I don't give a shit.  8)

Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Chainsaw
Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Drill
Primordial - How it Ends (first listen, first impression - it is ok).
Cruel Force - Dawn of the Axe (this really is a fucking banger).
Sentenced - Amok (been years since I listened to Sentenced. Seen chat about North from Here so dug out what I had the other day. Only have North from Here and Amok so must check out the rest of their back catalogue sometime)

Leprous-Coal
Enslaved - Vikinglir Veldi/Below the Lights
Sigh - Scorn Defeat
Akercocke - Chronozon

Have a setlist for Damnation next month, even if the overall lineup is a bit underwhelming I'll be happy with just seeing this lot

Watchtower - Energetic Disassembly, Control & Resistance
Flotsam & Jetsam - Doomsday for the Deceiver, No Place for Disgrace
Accept - Restless & Wild, Balls to the Wall

#10535 October 02, 2023, 12:44:09 PM Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 12:56:52 PM by Black Shepherd Carnage
Zeppelin I, II, III

Still amazes me how many characteristic qualities of heavy metal Led Zep fueled straight out the door on their debut album in 1969, a full year before Sabbath's s/t:
1. Good Times, Bad Times (drummers the globe over: "Wtf! *Maybe* I could do that if I had *two* kick drums. Hey, that's not a bad idea actually...")
2. Dazed and Confused (essentially already a fully-functioning Sabbath-style psych doom song, with a spicy precursor of Paranoid sprinkled in for good measure)
3. Communication Breakdown ("Hello world! My name is palm-muting, but you can call me Dun-dun-dun-dun.")

Plus Babe I'm Gonna Leave You for *that* descending riff.

Zeppelin II, also released in '69, doesn't particularly add anything else new specifically to those elements that would go on to characterize heavy metal. Zeppelin III though, I sometimes (#erryday) imagine its opening track, The Immigrant Song, as Zep legging it after the train of metal's evolution as it pulled out of the station in the wake of Sabbath's s/t going, "Hey! You forgot something! Wait! You forgot something!!"

Frummyrkrið - Dauðans myrkri
Fogos       - Corpses and Ashes

Disguised Malignance - Entering The Gateways. This is excellent. Death Metal from Finland.
Primordial- New one.

Rakes of Type O for the past few days here.  Mostly World Coming Down but all of it really.

Dismember - Massive Killing Capacity
Majesties - Vast Reaches Unclaimed
Armagh - Serpent Storm
Rapid - Blackstar Oppression Regime/Deadly Torment Demo
Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time.
Dark Tranquillity - Skydancer

Faidra - Six Voices Inside

Decent enough take on mid 90s Burzum

On a serious Masters Of Reality buzz since I got home:

The Ballad Of Jody Frosty (the unreleased 1993 album), Flak 'n' Flight, and now Deep In The Hole.

Quote from: Cailleach on October 02, 2023, 09:09:18 PMFrummyrkrið - Dauðans myrkri
Fogos       - Corpses and Ashes

I usually have a look on YouTube at what you're playing- that Fogos album is a ripper.

Judas Iscariot - Heaven in Flames
Lucifuge - Monoliths of Wrath
Intolerance - Dark Paths of Humanity (no idea how I ended up with a CD of this.  Decent death metal but I don't ever remember listening to it or buying it - the artwork is awesome though)
Metalucifer - Heavy Metal Chainsaw (the new gardening album - Flight of the Iron Peagus is possibly the greatest heavy metal song of all time)
Unholy - From the Shadows
Dismember - Death Metal
Judas Priest - British Steel

In Flames - Whoracle
Burning Skies - Murder By Means Of Existence
Terror - One With The Underdogs.