Quote from: Ducky on September 26, 2023, 10:48:43 AM
Quote from: Thorn on September 26, 2023, 02:31:39 AMPestilence - Hadeon 5/10

Five albums now since their heyday (including Spheres in that) and it's probably been the most fruitless reformation of them all. Is there a track on any of those five albums that could sit beside 'Stigmatized' or 'Mind Reflections' or 'The Trauma'? Nope.

I remember picking up 'Resurrection Macabre' not long after it came out and being disgusted at how often the lyrics came down to the song title being repeated.

Never gave them a second look after that stinker, reading this makes me think that was the smart choice.

Ha ,yeah, that is still the modus operandi alright, serious lack of inspiration or just plain lazy I don't know.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I thought Mameli had lost interest..... I did try to pick back up on them since Spheres (which I first got in the late 90s), but just couldn't get interested.

Milli Vanilli.... Are you calling me black?

What a goose!

Crowbar - Sonic Excess... this is such a heavy album, like tar.

Deftones - White Pony

Cruel Force - Dawn Of The Axe.

In the Woods...- Omnio.

Agalloch - The Mantle

Threw this on for first time in a couple of years last night and think it'll be getting returned to a few times more this week.

Quote from: Circlepit on September 26, 2023, 09:48:12 PMCruel Force - Dawn Of The Axe.

Absolute banger of an album. Been on loads the last week.

Superchrist - south of he'll
Entrenchment- The Silence After Us.  Nice midpaced DM

Quote from: open face surgery on September 26, 2023, 11:44:07 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on September 26, 2023, 09:48:12 PMCruel Force - Dawn Of The Axe.

I like how he has changed the vocal style slightly. It almost has a Roger Miret feel.
Once again it's mad to see how much shipping costs are for a shirt. Anyway.
Today will be all about the new Cannibal Corpse.

Obscura - Omnivium
Haven't listened to this in years, forgot how good it is. Must stick on Cosmogenisis later too. Lost interest in this style of tech around then so haven't checked out any of their albums since. Might have to remedy that before the gig with Decapitated later in the year

Quote from: ochoill on September 24, 2023, 05:12:39 PMGreat Falls - "Objects Without Pain"

https://greatfalls.bandcamp.com/album/objects-without-pain

Excellent stuff, sludge/noise rock, nice and heavy throughout, jarring and bleak.

Still plugging away at this, somehow the heavy bits manage to appear heavier on each relisten.  Lots to dig into across the whole record.  Ridiculously good, possible AOTY for me.

Quote from: Circlepit on September 27, 2023, 08:32:13 AM

I like how he has changed the vocal style slightly. It almost has a Roger Miret feel.

Didn't pick up on Roger Miret. That's Agnostic Front fella? I can't shake the similarities to Negative Plane in the vocals.

Enjoyed the new CC as well.

Quote from: open face surgery on September 27, 2023, 01:02:40 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on September 27, 2023, 08:32:13 AM

Didn't pick up on Roger Miret. That's Agnostic Front fella? I can't shake the similarities to Negative Plane in the vocals.

Enjoyed the new CC as well.

That's him. It's that kind of punky snarl.
Regardless it's a ripper and they play the shit out of it.

The CC is much better than I anticipated.
Reeking Aura - Blood And Bonemeal. This is a savage album.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 23, 2023, 07:26:06 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 23, 2023, 02:10:01 AMSigh- Scorn Defeat. Is this album growing on me at last?

"Ready For The Final War" has the second greatest heavy metal laugh ever put to tape.
"MUAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAA"

The first is Grutle at the end of Loke right?
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Listened to the Cruel Force the other day.  It is excellent. 

MegatonSword - Blood Hails Steel
Burzum - Det som Engang Var
Enforced - Kill Grid
Wishbone Ash - Argus
Gojira - L'Enfant Sauvage