Quote from: The Great Cull on September 22, 2023, 05:49:00 PMLife Of Agony - River Runs Red, Ugly, Soul Searching Sun, Broken Valley

What's that Broken Valley like? The other three I know well but I thought they were getting a bit soft by Soul Searching Sun

Quote from: open face surgery on September 22, 2023, 08:22:20 PMBoth himself and Morris are big Enya fans.

That's gas.

By coincidence I had Watermark on the other day, banger.

Quote from: astfgyl on September 22, 2023, 08:25:56 PM
Quote from: The Great Cull on September 22, 2023, 05:49:00 PMLife Of Agony - River Runs Red, Ugly, Soul Searching Sun, Broken Valley

What's that Broken Valley like? The other three I know well but I thought they were getting a bit soft by Soul Searching Sun

I've always liked it. It has more grit to to it than Soul Searching Sun. There's a bit of a Velvet Revolver buzz off the more upbeat tunes but the heavier material on it is quality. Anything after it was muck though.

#10443 September 23, 2023, 02:10:01 AM Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 02:24:41 AM by Eoin McLove
Sigh- Scorn Defeat. Is this album growing on me at last?

Epoch- The Return of the Black Goat demo.

Altus Astrum- Antediluvian. Superb album. I live in hope that they will one day emerge from the shadows with new music.

Satyricon,worked my way right through from Dark Medieval Times to Volcano.A pretty incredible band in that period.

I was also on a bit of a Sigh buzz. Great stuff.
Also Katatonia.

"At My Funeral" is a whopper of a tune  :abbath:

Hexvessel - Polar Veil

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 23, 2023, 02:10:01 AMSigh- Scorn Defeat. Is this album growing on me at last?

It's a great album. Maybe the best album I wish had less guitar solos of all time  :laugh:  :abbath:

Holy Terror- Mind Wars 9/10
Pestilence - Spheres 8.5/10
Thantifaxath - Hive Mind Narcosis 8/10
Blut Aus Nord - Hallucinogen 8/10
Holy Moses - The Invisible Queen 7.5/10
Lucifericon - Warlock Of Death 7/10
Jag Panzer - The Age Of Mastery 7/10
Venom - Calm Before The Storm 7/10
Mortal Sin - Every Dog Has Its Day 6/10
Todtgelichter - Was Bleibt 5/10
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Paul keohane on September 23, 2023, 03:32:10 AMSatyricon,worked my way right through from Dark Medieval Times to Volcano.A pretty incredible band in that period.
Yup some great albums in that era.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 23, 2023, 02:10:01 AMSigh- Scorn Defeat. Is this album growing on me at last?

"Ready For The Final War" has the second greatest heavy metal laugh ever put to tape.
"MUAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAAAAAAAAAAA"

Dissection -The Somberlain ,and Storm of the lights bane!

Two flawless albums!,pretty perfect.

Quote from: Blizzard Beast on September 23, 2023, 05:49:59 PM
Quote from: Paul keohane on September 23, 2023, 03:32:10 AMSatyricon,worked my way right through from Dark Medieval Times to Volcano.A pretty incredible band in that period.
Yup some great albums in that era.

The last couple were actually fairly decent as well but they had some run starting out so they did

Quote from: Paul keohane on September 24, 2023, 12:36:30 AMDissection -The Somberlain ,and Storm of the lights bane!

Two flawless albums!,pretty perfect.

This all day long and twice on Sundays.
I love Reinkaos as well.