Hexvessel - Polar Veil so good

Great Falls - "Objects Without Pain"

https://greatfalls.bandcamp.com/album/objects-without-pain

Excellent stuff, sludge/noise rock, nice and heavy throughout, jarring and bleak.

Just had my first listen to the Hexvessel and I'm floored. Beautiful album. Must dig out the previous stuff now

Have been on a buzz with No Holier Temple lately. Have yet to crack into the new one but I like the direction of the preview tracks.

Eliminator - Ancient Light 7/10

A favourite of mine from last year, high-energy UK 80's style Heavy Metal. Like Maiden without all the middle age bloat .
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Angels Of Light: We Are Him
The Young Gods: TV Sky

Sadistik Exekution - The Magus 
Archgoat - The Apocalyptic Triumphator

I've always lumped Archgoat in the non essential worship band category with the likes of Proclamation but I've grown a soft spot for this one over the last while, cool album.

Quote from: Thorn on September 24, 2023, 08:45:14 PMEliminator - Ancient Light 7/10

A favourite of mine from last year, high-energy UK 80's style Heavy Metal. Like Maiden without all the middle age bloat .

I didn't enjoy Ancient Light as much as Horizons but I do need to go back to it.

MegatonSword - Might and Power
Sentenced - North From Here
MegatonSword - Blood Hails Steel
Exodus - Bonded by Blood.
Cruel Force - Dawn of the Axe
Rotting Christ - Triarchy of the Lost Lovers
Burzum - Hvis Lyset tar Oss

A weekend of listening predominantly inspired by things seen in this thread or discussed elsewhere on the forum:

Death - Human
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Chris Poland - Metalopolis
Chris Poland - Chasing The Sun
Horrendous - Idol
Tomb Mold - The Enduring Spirit
Blood Incantation - Luminescent Bridge

Pestilence - Hadeon 5/10

Five albums now since their heyday (including Spheres in that) and it's probably been the most fruitless reformation of them all. Is there a track on any of those five albums that could sit beside 'Stigmatized' or 'Mind Reflections' or 'The Trauma'? Nope.

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Autopsy - Morbidity Triumphant
Anti Christ Siege Machine - Purifying Blade
Nail - Abandon All Life
Nails - You Will Never Be One Of Us
Nails - Unsilent death

Quote from: Thorn on September 26, 2023, 02:31:39 AMPestilence - Hadeon 5/10

Five albums now since their heyday (including Spheres in that) and it's probably been the most fruitless reformation of them all. Is there a track on any of those five albums that could sit beside 'Stigmatized' or 'Mind Reflections' or 'The Trauma'? Nope.

I remember picking up 'Resurrection Macabre' not long after it came out and being disgusted at how often the lyrics came down to the song title being repeated.

Never gave them a second look after that stinker, reading this makes me think that was the smart choice.

Hexvessel - Polar Veil, can't get enough of this album. I read in a recent article that Nameless Void of Negative Plane is a guest on the album.

As such Negative Plane - The Pact...

Darkthrone - Astral Fortress

Blut aus Nord - Disharmonium - Nahab

MegatonSword - Might & Power (MegatonSword are my new gardening music... stick them on repeat and get the spade out)
Amorphis - The Beginning of Times
Enslaved - Utgard (wasn't sure about this when it was released but today it is really hitting the spot). 
Horrendous - Ontological Mysterium
The Crawling - All of this for Nothing
MegatonSword - Blood Hails Steel
Heavy Sentence - Bang to Rights

Akhlys - Melinoe
Akhlys - The Dreaming I
Mare - Ebony Tower
Mare - Spheres like Death comp
Vemod - Venter pa stormene