Quote from: Thorn on September 26, 2023, 07:14:58 PM
Quote from: Ducky on September 26, 2023, 10:48:43 AM
Quote from: Thorn on September 26, 2023, 02:31:39 AMPestilence - Hadeon 5/10

Five albums now since their heyday (including Spheres in that) and it's probably been the most fruitless reformation of them all. Is there a track on any of those five albums that could sit beside 'Stigmatized' or 'Mind Reflections' or 'The Trauma'? Nope.

I remember picking up 'Resurrection Macabre' not long after it came out and being disgusted at how often the lyrics came down to the song title being repeated.

Never gave them a second look after that stinker, reading this makes me think that was the smart choice.

Ha ,yeah, that is still the modus operandi alright, serious lack of inspiration or just plain lazy I don't know.

Stuck a few tracks on Spotify out of morbid curiosity. Holy shit, you're not wrong! Ah well, back to the first few I go.

Bands like this make me wonder if say Chuck Schuldiner was still around and active today - would he be piddling on his legacy in a similar manner?

Quote from: M.Hopkins on September 27, 2023, 10:17:01 AMObscura - Omnivium
Haven't listened to this in years, forgot how good it is. Must stick on Cosmogenisis later too. Lost interest in this style of tech around then so haven't checked out any of their albums since. Might have to remedy that before the gig with Decapitated later in the year

The three since Omnivium are all just as good.

They still sound like Obscura, but they're defined a bit by the lineup changes, particularly lead guitar - there's some wild leads on Akroasis, Diluvium is a bit jazzier (almost Allan Holdsworth-y at times), while Christian Muenzer came back for A Valedicton.

Faidra - Six Voices Inside

Decent enough atmospheric black metal. Random Bandcamp find.

Quote from: Ducky on September 27, 2023, 03:55:10 PM
Quote from: M.Hopkins on September 27, 2023, 10:17:01 AMObscura - Omnivium
Haven't listened to this in years, forgot how good it is. Must stick on Cosmogenisis later too. Lost interest in this style of tech around then so haven't checked out any of their albums since. Might have to remedy that before the gig with Decapitated later in the year

The three since Omnivium are all just as good.

They still sound like Obscura, but they're defined a bit by the lineup changes, particularly lead guitar - there's some wild leads on Akroasis, Diluvium is a bit jazzier (almost Allan Holdsworth-y at times), while Christian Muenzer came back for A Valedicton.
Cool, I'll have to get back at those albums so. I think after Grossman left I presumed they were gone a bit fiddly a lá Alkaloid etc for whatever reason and never bothered to investigate

Quote from: Circlepit on September 26, 2023, 09:48:12 PMCruel Force - Dawn Of The Axe.

Been blasting this one in work the last while, really enjoying it, a lot more than the earlier stuff.

CANNIBAL CORPSE - Chaos Horrific
DYING FETUS - Make Them Beg For Death
CRYPTOPSY - As Gomorrah Burns
Blood Incantation - Luminescent Bridge

Have these on the phone last few days. Awesome shit all 4. Def need to buy the CORPSE and CRYPTOPSY. The Blood Incantation EP is savage and fresh, need more of this!

I listened to Frozen Soul - Crypt Of Ice this morning. Not bad but a bit like Bolt Thrower lite. This afternoon I was watching their set from Bloodstock. It was going well until he started telling the crowd to do push ups.... Nobody seemed to do it. I don't get why he asked he said it in the first place.
Anyway the live guitar tone is great.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Hazemaze - Blinded by the Wicked
Hydra Vein - Rather Death than False of Faith
Mayhem - Esoteric Warfare
Night Cobra - Dawn of the Serpent
In Flames -  Clayman

#10493 September 28, 2023, 05:26:16 PM Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 09:10:17 PM by Thorn
That's exactly what they are ,Bolt Thrower lite, I think I'd have fucked off to the bar if asked to do push ups at a gig, actually I know I would. Ye wouldn't catch Karl Willets at that shite,..
As for why, well I suppose it probably counts as crowd participation these days in big ,dumb America
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: Circlepit on September 28, 2023, 04:26:35 PMI listened to Frozen Soul - Crypt Of Ice this morning. Not bad but a bit like Bolt Thrower lite. This afternoon I was watching their set from Bloodstock. It was going well until he started telling the crowd to do push ups.... Nobody seemed to do it. I don't get why he asked he said it in the first place.

Absolutely everything that's wrong with modern "death metal" in one band to me. Gym soundtrack bullshit.

Angry satan loving nerds only, thanks.

Forest Thrall -  Apparitions of the Golden Horned
Sühnopfer     -  Nous Sommes d'Hier

#10496 September 28, 2023, 08:31:45 PM Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 08:33:25 PM by Circlepit
As regards Frozen Soul thats pretty much it. Rinse and repeat. Motherfucker this and motherfucker that.
I do like Skeletal Remains though.
Not sure if they are in the same sort of circle.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on September 28, 2023, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on September 28, 2023, 04:26:35 PMI listened to Frozen Soul - Crypt Of Ice this morning. Not bad but a bit like Bolt Thrower lite. This afternoon I was watching their set from Bloodstock. It was going well until he started telling the crowd to do push ups.... Nobody seemed to do it. I don't get why he asked he said it in the first place.

Absolutely everything that's wrong with modern "death metal" in one band to me. Gym soundtrack bullshit.

Angry satan loving nerds only, thanks.

This statement is so true to me that it nearly feels like bait  :laugh:

Terrible, terrible fuckin scene kid/hardcore breakdown death metal. There were crust bands doing the BT thing much better and much dirtier years ago. This is PR death metal for ex emo kids.

The frozen soul material is good and lets be honest if anyone looks into 95% of the bands they like you will find cringy shit that will you turn you off them. Frozen Soul didn't do pit push ups when they played in Dublin back in February :laugh:

Nope, the music is shit. I'll allow cringe if the music is good. Take black metal for example  :laugh: