Marduk - Memento Mori
Borknagar - Universal
Ancient Rites - Fatherland
Cloven Hoof - Time Assassin.
Burzum - Det Dom Engang Var
Heavy Sentence - Bang to Rights
Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell.
The Crawling - All of this is Nothing

New Marduk and new Crawling are really enjoyable albums. 

Quote from: astfgyl on September 04, 2023, 07:03:45 PM
Quote from: Circlepit on September 04, 2023, 05:12:34 PMMarduk - Memento Mori. This is balls to the wall. I'd the drummer is getting paid per blast then he is flush now.
It's an absolute ripper.

Same name as the latest Depeche Mode album.

I'm just glad it was a good album. Last Febuary I got a tattoo of the Plague Angel cover with Memento Mori written in the banner in place of Plague Angel. If they came out with a 90 minute prog epic I'd have had to do the lasers.

The Memento Mori has been a phrase Mortuus has been using for years. I have a shirt with it written on it that he did through holy poison years ago. The album arrived today but won't get to listen to it until this evening.

Yeah,the Plague Angel LP/CD inlay has it in a few places too. New one is an absolute belter. As far as I'm concerned they've done no bad album with the current singer.

Quote from: hellfire on September 05, 2023, 02:25:11 PMYeah,the Plague Angel LP/CD inlay has it in a few places too. New one is an absolute belter. As far as I'm concerned they've done no bad album with the current singer.

The new one is class alright. The only album that I would consider weak with Mortuus is Wormwood.

I considered Wormwood and Serpent Sermon fairly bland when I first heard them. I went back to them after a while and love them now. I think it was just that they followed the twin giants of Plague Angel and Rom 5:12.

Quote from: hellfire on September 05, 2023, 02:57:28 PMI considered Wormwood and Serpent Sermon fairly bland when I first heard them. I went back to them after a while and love them now. I think it was just that they followed the twin giants of Plague Angel and Rom 5:12.
I'll go back and give it a listen again. I liked Serpent Sermon. Surely an Irish date is long overdue.

Momento Mori is used everywhere. It's in art and on graves all over the world for centuries.

Yep, there's a whole concept behind it too. I'd like to pretend I am all cultured and found it in literature or art. Truth is I saw it tattoed on a Norwegian girls ass and Googled it afterwards.

Quote from: open face surgery on September 05, 2023, 03:05:09 PMMomento Mori is used everywhere. It's in art and on graves all over the world for centuries.

Ah yeah I know it's common it just put me in mind of the Depeche Mode album because I only bought that a couple of months ago

Opeth - In Cauda Venenum
Emperor - IX Equilibrium
Emperor - Wrath of the Tyrant
Bathory - Hammerheart

Blut aus Nord - Disharmonium - Nahab, giving this some serious attention albeit digital until physical arrives, and it's stunning.

Godflesh - Us And Them

Teitanblood - Death

Horrendous - Ontological Mysterium

Oh shit! I still haven't checked out the new Horrendous! Perfect timing as I was just wondering what to put on  :abbath:

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on September 05, 2023, 04:41:00 PMOh shit! I still haven't checked out the new Horrendous! Perfect timing as I was just wondering what to put on  :abbath:

Took me a few spins to fully appreciate it, little shorter however I believe the length (oh no missus) is beneficial overall. Worth your time I reckon.