Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Nuclear Assault - Game Over
Dave Lee Roth - Eat 'Em And Smile

I was never really into bootlegs but I had a few back in the 90s and I remember the big stall on O'Connell Bridge.

Wasnt there a music shop along Wellington quay used sell bootlegs after gigs too?.Im certain i picked up one or two in there!

Borderline used to have the odd one, there was a place upstairs just past the arch at Ha'penny Bridge that had loads too.

Host - IX.

Decided to give this another shot as someone had mentioned it on here in recent weeks. It's definitely better with repeated listens. A Troubled Mind is a great song in particular.

Quote from: Paul keohane on September 04, 2023, 07:49:28 AMWasnt there a music shop along Wellington quay used sell bootlegs after gigs too?.Im certain i picked up one or two in there!

Rhythm Records? Used be a pretty good 2nd hand place back in the day.

Quote from: The Great Cull on September 04, 2023, 12:23:03 PMHost - IX.

Decided to give this another shot as someone had mentioned it on here in recent weeks. It's definitely better with repeated listens. A Troubled Mind is a great song in particular.

Very cool album. I like it a lot.

I think I picked up Morbid Angel and Cannibal Corpse gigs from the Music centre in one of those places anyway.

I presume it all died off into the 2000s once cassettes really became a thing of the past?

Priest - Turbo 30, British Steel
Crue - Too fast for Love
Wintersun -Time 1
Ensiferum - Thalassic
All cd's..you'd forget this latest ensiferum album is class

#10269 September 04, 2023, 05:12:34 PM Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 09:46:24 PM by Circlepit
Marduk - Memento Mori. This is balls to the wall. If the drummer is getting paid per blast then he is flush now.
It's an absolute ripper.

Quote from: Circlepit on September 04, 2023, 05:12:34 PMMarduk - Memento Mori. This is balls to the wall. I'd the drummer is getting paid per blast then he is flush now.
It's an absolute ripper.

Same name as the latest Depeche Mode album.

Death Angel - Ultra-Violence & Act III
Death - Human
Damned Things - Iconoclast

My scolling thumb had the day off

#10272 September 04, 2023, 08:07:19 PM Last Edit: September 04, 2023, 08:16:16 PM by Pentagrimes
grabbed a few bits from storage yesterday, the MW-friendly portion of which I've been digging into over the last two days:

Anhedonist- Netherwards (Shame this was their only album..wish I could remember where my copy of the demo is. I can see this being welded to the stereo for the next few months)
Order From Chaos - An Ending in Fire (Initially grabbed this to sell my copy but it's actually better than I remember. Helmkamp is such a buffoon)
Strid/Malfeitor- discography lp (just been listening to the first two Strid songs - the ep - on a loop tbh)
Ved Buenes Ende - Those Who caress the Pale lp (I may actually like this more than "Written in Waters")
Sentenced- North From Here (still flawless)

Got The Chasm and Dawn (swe) lined up for later

On the flipside, watched the Elephant 6 documentary las night so I'll be listening to a hape of that stuff (Olivia Tremor Control, Neutral Milk Hotel, The Apples In Stereo etc) to balance things out

Netherwards is such a savage album. Great band.

Jag Panzer - Chain Of Command 7/10

This album sounds so incredibly, authentically '80s. It was, in fact, 2004 release. Must go back to the new one later.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes