Quote from: ochoill on August 31, 2023, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on August 31, 2023, 09:20:47 PMBurzum- Det Som Engang Var.

Never gets old.

Was on a bit of a Burzum buzz myself lately and went back to Hvis Lyset Tar Oss and Fallen.  Both also class and probably my favourite two, though Det Som... is also great.

Det Som Engang Var is the one I've listened to the least out of the early stuff. I don't know why that is but I really enjoyed it this morning. It has a nice mix of his styles and you can really hear where Forgotten Woods took heavy inspiration from a couple of the songs. I need to grab all the early Burzum stuff on CD for the car but sure... money!

Satyricon- Dark Medieval Times on now.

Det Som Engang Var and Hvis Lyset Tar Oss are pure magic. The synth stuff never fails to make me forget everything going on around me and get lost in the music.
Ah Varg you wily fox.

#10232 August 31, 2023, 10:47:01 PM Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 10:48:39 PM by astfgyl
Det Som Engang Var was my first introduction to BM of any sort. Unbelievably good tack.

Still it's not his best

Edit: Wily fox  :laugh:

That's one way to describe him

A shneaky divil would also suffice.

Oh Varg,  you're an awful man! Stop it!!

He is an awful man really with those mammy bothering tunes and morality bothering views

Ah you know our Varg...

Here's a real story:

Thumbing a lift one day and who pulls up only the mother and father of the lad out of One Minute Silence to give me a lift. Used to be in the pipe band with the father so knew him a bit tbf and it's a small town and all. Anyway, so after the usual lark of the how's my mother and father getting on these days etc, I asks how's the lad getting on and has he e'er the few tunes going these days or what's he up to?

"Ah sure",  says the mother..

"You know our Brian; always raging against the oul capitalist machine"

Anyway I wonder how Varg's mother feels about his escapades

Quote from: Thorn on August 31, 2023, 09:39:22 PM
Quote from: Mr Barlow on August 31, 2023, 12:53:26 PMCame home from work the other day and the young tells me she's been listening to Death ! Really says I? What album ? Leprosy and Spiritual Healing..but she's added them all to a Spotify playlist.

Its moments like these ...

How did , or what promoted her to make the jump to Death? I have a 14 yr old lass myself so I'm curious

I'm not quite sure. I'd imagine she heard me play something that caught her attention, then investigated via Spotify. That's usually what she does.
For all its evils, it does have some good. It's been a blessing for her in exploring and Discovering music. Inevitably it'll end up costing me though. When she starts asking for vinyl  :)

Belbury Poly - The Path

That's fairly cool re the 14yo. Surely you'll have the vinyl wishes for her already though  ;)

On a related note, Jobrok1's 13yo son can be heard playing some Death riffs on his guitar, and is developing his own patch jacket.

Anyway, NP:

Bolt Thrower - Those Once Loyal (only bought this recently, so new to me after all these years!)

Amorphis - Skyforger (only got back into them earlier this year after given up on them, but this and Queen of Time are realy tickling my fancy)

Acephalix - Theothanatology (got a lovely batch of vinyl from 20BS earlier this month. This could be Vastum under a different moniker).

Exmortus - Necrophony (first impression, has some great parts but it it is too long)
Knife - Heaven into Dust
Sonata Arctica - Talviyo
Amorphis - Under the Red Cloud
...And Oceans - As in Gardens, So in Tombs (always had a soft spot for ...And Oceans). 
My Dying Bride - Towards the Sinister
Ozzy - Blizzard of Ozz. 
Iotunn - Access All Worlds

That Iotunn is so good. Looking forward to the new one.

Quote from: Snare on September 01, 2023, 10:15:06 AMThat Iotunn is so good. Looking forward to the new one.

Absolutely, it is such an amazing album.   Really excited for the new one as well  :abbath:

Saxon: 'Forever Free'  :  ignored as a youngster, enjoyed nowadays

Saxon: 'The Eagle Has Landed': great live album, one of the best in hard rock/metal

Soundgarden - Screaming Life/Fopp
Primus - Sailing The Seas of Cheese
Damn The Machine - s/t

Well i went for the stupid spectacular again..

One Minute Silence - Buy Now Saved Later

One Minute Silence - One Lie Fits All

One Minute Silence - Fragmented Armageddon

Stuck Mojo - Snapping Necks

Stuck Mojo - Pigwalk

SYL - City (on now)

Where to next I wonder? Did the Biohazard yesterday followed by Life of Agony so maybe something else altogether like Foetus or something. Haven't given him a run in a while

Quote from: Anvil on September 01, 2023, 09:38:53 AMExmortus - Necrophony (first impression, has some great parts but it it is too long)
Knife - Heaven into Dust
Sonata Arctica - Talviyo
...And Oceans - As in Gardens, So in Tombs (always had a soft spot for ...And Oceans). 
Ozzy - Blizzard of Ozz. 

Quote from: Anvil on September 01, 2023, 09:38:53 AMExmortus - Necrophony (first impression, has some great parts but it it is too long)
Knife - Heaven into Dust
Sonata Arctica - Talviyo
Ozzy - Blizzard of Ozz. 

I gave that Exmortuus a listen last week as I'd seen the name over the years and never heard them. Not something I'd be purchasing, a bit too overblown and busy for me, like the audio equivalent of Monster Energy drink

Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes