#990 January 28, 2023, 06:05:55 AM Last Edit: January 28, 2023, 11:55:18 AM by 91/30
PRAYING MANTIS — FOREVER IN TIME
Tony O'Hora – Escape Into The Sun

Both on CD

Sausage – Riddles Are Abound Tonight also on CD...Les Claypool earlier band, mighty cover art

Enslaved- Utgard CD.

The darker BM/viking elements are great. The prog bits are alright. The emo parts are tough going... I'll stick with it and see if it gels after a few spins.

They need to bring back their original logo, or some variation on it. The new one is awful.

I'm teetering on the verge of letting Enslaved go these days . I had Utgard on  recently too and they seem to be trying to cover too many bases now, almost like they want to go full on into Rush territory and unshackle themselves completely ala Opeth. The old logo, which is emblazoned across my chest today on a sweatshirt is a relic now, like the much missed old Katatonia one. Seems to be a trajectory with these bands doesn't there? Anathema are there too. I listened to the new Enslaved track off the upcoming album the other day and ,like I say, teetering...
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

I actually thought the new single sounded good. Very heavy and dark. I think that's why I ended up chancing Utgard, but yeah... patchy stuff. And those emo parts are a step too far for me.

I think Ruun was far enough for me. Called it a day with them after that. Don't resent them taking a new direction just not interested in it.

Anyone got one of these unofficial pressings of Storm of the Light's Bane? If so, how do they sound??

Haven't got it yet but I'm gonna grab one tomorrow.

Just hesitating a bit since €40 plus p&p seems steep for a bootleg.

Speaking of bootlegs, I just grabbed the Dark Medieval Times bootleg LP and the price avec postage to Oz would give you the willies. Still. No regrets  8)

Found it for €29 somewhere in the end, so went for it. Also, since that set the tone for rectifying glaring gaps in my vinyl collection, also picked up:

Burzum - Filosofem
Trouble - The Skull

That was all through I_Hate's discogs market. Perfect score in the feedback plus decent prices both on stock and p&p  :abbath:

The Skull is amazing. I hadn't heard Trouble until I saw The Skull band live. Instant convert and I know own and love all their stuff.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 31, 2023, 01:18:46 PMFound it for €29 somewhere in the end, so went for it. Also, since that set the tone for rectifying glaring gaps in my vinyl collection, also picked up:

Burzum - Filosofem
Trouble - The Skull

That was all through I_Hate's discogs market. Perfect score in the feedback plus decent prices both on stock and p&p  :abbath:

I must keep an eye out for that Storm... LP but maybe after the smoke has cleared from the DMT purchase  ::)

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on January 31, 2023, 09:31:32 AMAnyone got one of these unofficial pressings of Storm of the Light's Bane? If so, how do they sound??

Glad to report it sounds just fine!  :abbath:  :abbath:

Thought I had replied. Ya, mine sounds spot on.

I took to discogs afterwards for a look. The 2006 double LP reissue with the Alternative mix on the second LP would be a beaut to have. That mix is great.