Judas Priest- Defenders of the Faith CD.  Grabbed it for $1 in an opshop  8)

Been saving a lot this year and not spending, but got to do a wee splurge with Christmas gifts and vouchers. Picked up some of my favourite 2022 releases, all LP

Stangarigel - Na Severe Srdca
Vital Spirit - Still as the Night, Cold as the Wind
Coscradh - Nahanagan Stadial
Negative Plane - The Pact
Grave Infestation - Persecution of the Living

All stellar. Stangarigel is a pre order for sometime in February or March I believe.

Nice little vinyl haul today:

Second-hand finds:
Tangerine Dream - Rubycon
Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick
Def Leppard - Hysteria

and picked up, new, the latest remaster of my favourite Floyd album, Animals.

Picked up the Planxty retrospective 'Between the jigs and reels', DVD for a buck in a charity shop. CD was missing but I'm happy to have it for the DVD alone as it's great

#964 January 05, 2023, 08:58:36 AM Last Edit: January 05, 2023, 09:03:44 AM by Carnage
I hadn't heard of that, sounds good, I must look out for it. I have the Live 2004 DVD, 'tis mighty. The No Disco special Leagues O'Toole did years back was great - as was his book on them.

Did the albums ever get the rerelease that was mooted a few years back? The Shanachie CDs are shite.

Quote from: Carnage on January 05, 2023, 08:58:36 AMI hadn't heard of that, sounds good, I must look out for it. I have the Live 2004 DVD, 'tis mighty. The No Disco special Leagues O'Toole did years back was great - as was his book on them.

Did the albums ever get the rerelease that was mooted a few years back? The Shanachie CDs are shite.

I haven't the reunion DVD, must add it to the wantlist on Ebay or Discogs.
I've only the CDs by shanachie. is it the case the remastered versions are worse that the original LPs

The CDs are quick, cheap transfers as far as I know. No remastering, just ran off tapes, I think. They came out about 30 years ago, I know Moore was fairly pissed off with Phil Coulter for selling the rights.

I have the first 3 albums on vinyl, inherited from the old man. Nice to have.

Had a rummage around the vinyl at Fnac for bargains in the January sales:

Candlemass - Dactylis Glomerata... reduced to clear at the record store, so a pinch at €10
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours

Then, since it was slim pickings in cheap metal and rock:
Art Blakey - Moanin'
Bill Evans Trio - Portrait in Jazz

Speaking of Fleetwood Mac I picked up a copy of their 3 disc 50 year thing for 50c last weekend. Bargain, although a slightly pointless bargain as I have most of the tunes I like anyway between owning Rumours, Tusk and Tango in the Night. Disc 1 is made of the pre Buckingham and Nicks era which I was unfamiliar with.

Also scored 24 Hour Party People soundtrack for 50c. It's actually a grand collection of stuff for a car journey. Few Joy Division tunes with some other British pop rock things.

Manic Street Preachers first album which I didn't listen to yet. Spent the full euro on that one! Anyone know it?

Yup, I know it. Sounds like a Welsh G'n'R.

Is that a good or bad thing I wonder .. I may go find out

A couple of decent songs aside, it's shite. Put me off them for years. Gold Against The Soul now, that's a different story.

Yeah, mostly shite, but the Gold Against The Soul and The Holy Bible are classics.

The Holy Bible is a good album indeed but that's all I liked of them from anything I've heard. Was chancing this because it's older than THB