Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on November 18, 2022, 11:08:31 AMPicked up a good few great LPs recently.

Blood Incantation's Hidden History... included a CD in with it.

More of this, please. Even download codes seem to be rare where they were standard issue like 7 years ago.
Bandcamp is great for this.
But I agree. Download codes with LPs bought elsewhere should be a standard.

I've lost count how many LPs I've ordered that arrive with the shrink wrap opened and can't help but think some cunt at the label/distro has nabbed the code for themselves or a buddy.

Quote from: jobrok1 on November 22, 2022, 07:28:09 AM
Quote from: Yung Led Zeppelin on November 18, 2022, 11:08:31 AMMore of this, please. Even download codes seem to be rare where they were standard issue like 7 years ago.
Bandcamp is great for this.
But I agree. Download codes with LPs bought elsewhere should be a standard.

At one point around 2016, nearly everything I bought had a bandcamp code in it, printed, or otherwise you got the digital copy for buying it there.  I had picked up records for years before that physically that had either none, or some download site you had to register separately for, so I used to just download it elsewhere rather than bother signing up to another service.

I have bought records a few times more recently though on Bandcamp where the download was excluded on purpose - no digital copy added to the library, and no code included in the record when it arrives.  I questioned it nicely with one label and was told the digital is a separate product and can be bought separately.  Bit of a bum response.  Hopefully that doesn't become more normal.

Quote from: Thorn on November 17, 2022, 09:54:55 PMGood album alright, where did you nab it, was it reissued?

Picked it up on amazon.co.uk, 2022 reissue alright.

Couple more cds.
Absent In Body - Plague God
Wiegedood - De Doden Hebben Het Goed III

Quote from: jobrok1 on November 22, 2022, 07:28:09 AMI've lost count how many LPs I've ordered that arrive with the shrink wrap opened and can't help but think some cunt at the label/distro has nabbed the code for themselves or a buddy.

Records are taken out of shrink wrap most of the time so the record can shipped outside of the jacket. If it is left inside the jacket then 99% of the time it will cause seam splits thanks to the great guys that deliver mail all over the world who take such good care of our packages.

Cool, cheerz
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Quote from: mickO))) on November 22, 2022, 06:32:27 PMRecords are taken out of shrink wrap most of the time so the record can shipped outside of the jacket. If it is left inside the jacket then 99% of the time it will cause seam splits thanks to the great guys that deliver mail all over the world who take such good care of our packages.
Yeah! That makes sense.
Figured it was for a last minute quality check or something.

Still though!
Perfect opportunity to slip a code in.
Especially for a labels own releases.

I picked up Master of Puppets on vinyl today. It's high time I collected those early Metallica records again.  I had them all on tape thirty years ago and ended up selling them off as I was getting into more modern, "cool" stuff in my teens. I have been picking them up on CD for the car too but it would be nice to have all the albums, up to The Black Album, on vinyl for home listening.

It somehow feels like a momentous occasion!

#938 November 25, 2022, 11:03:08 PM Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 11:11:41 PM by Thorn
Funny, I've been on a similar Metallica retro fan splurge, picking up the t-shirts of the first four albums which I would have worn back in the day, in fairness the recent t-shirts have some great backprint tour dates from the time. Puppets and Lightning left to get. There comes a point when one says ah fuck the whole "can't be arsed explaining that I'm not into what they're doing now" thing, those first four were cornerstones of it all , and wearing those designs again bring me right back to the day. Still, proudly, haven't heard Load/Reload. Or THAT Morbid Angel one either.

Anywhere between 40-50 e to pick up a first four Metallica album in the local Golden Discs,  I threw my head back and laughed and walked out.

I got the reissue of Type O's Dead Again on vinyl today. (No download code btw!)

Great final album in my view. Sounds great and it comes with a third disc with live recordings of the big hits, which is decent enough.

Apart from the one DVD they released, I haven't come across much live Type O stuff.

Quote from: Eoin McLove on November 25, 2022, 03:30:44 AMI picked up Master of Puppets on vinyl today. It's high time I collected those early Metallica records again.  I had them all on tape thirty years ago and ended up selling them off as I was getting into more modern, "cool" stuff in my teens. I have been picking them up on CD for the car too but it would be nice to have all the albums, up to The Black Album, on vinyl for home listening.

Quote from: Thorn on November 25, 2022, 11:03:08 PMAnywhere between 40-50 e to pick up a first four Metallica album in the local Golden Discs,  I threw my head back and laughed and walked out.

It's fucking ridiculous.
Bunker Vinyl here in Cork won't stock them as even he thinks the prices are crazy.

Fair play to him but also fair play to any record shop fleecing these Johnny come lately hipster types

Hetroertzen - Phosphorus Vol I LP
Kūka'ilimoku - Pahu O ka Ua LP
Grógaldr - Grógaldr LP
200 Stab Wounds - Piles of Festering Decomposition LP
200 Stab Wounds - Slave to the Scalpel LP
And some other stuff.

Quote from: Thorn on November 25, 2022, 11:03:08 PMStill, proudly, haven't heard Load/Reload.

Wouldn't say that's something to be proud about lol

Rotting Christ- A Dead Poem LP in the post today.