#555 August 25, 2023, 08:22:36 PM Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 08:25:14 PM by Pentagrimes
Just saw Greg Whalen who used to write for Terrorizer/Decibel etc has passed on. I'd lost contact with him over the years but some of the older folks here might recall his zine the Crypt and his visit here back in the day.

He was an old penpal/tape trading buddy of mine and he came and stayed in Waterford for a couple of days on that trip,we had an absolute blast. Lovely fella.  Sad to hear he's gone.

Ah, sad news that, Always thought he was one of the better Terrorizer writers, or at least one I found myself in agreement with most times. RIP.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Sad news alright, condolences.

That's a proper shame. Only knew him through his writing but it's alway crap when a good lad goes.

Quote from: jobrok1 on August 25, 2023, 06:28:57 PMShit... Love early Whitesnake.
Wrote and played some absolute bangers.

Agree. The real Whitesnake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT7oA-kb-Og

Come and get it & Slide it in, two of my fav albums.

RIP Mr Marsden (and Mr Lord)

Jon Kennedy, vocalist for first three Hecate Enthroned releases killed in a car accident one week ago. Daresay we all had at least one of their albums in our collection at some point especially if we couldn't get enough of Vempire or Dusk. Who can ever forget the video to Ode for a Haunted Wood which was a staple of Thursday night's Headbanger's Ball. Rest in peace Jon.

I saw that the other day. I have Requiem which I listened to a lot back in the 90s and I even had a t-shirt back then too. I must revisit the album. RIP.

Yeah RIP to the fella, saw a nice tribute from Dani Filth to him ,amongst others. That video lives long in the memory indeed.
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

#567 October 26, 2023, 03:53:52 PM Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 03:57:04 PM by Don Gately
DJ Carey rumours that he passed away, any truth in this.

The only place reporting it is thaiger.com so... possibly not

#569 October 26, 2023, 04:03:58 PM Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 04:32:29 PM by Carnage
Looks like that domain is up for sale so if they did report it, it wasn't for long.

Edit: Disregard, found the link: https://thethaiger.com/world/news/564423/