#525 July 27, 2023, 11:41:11 AM Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 12:21:17 PM by Pagan Saviour
Morrissey may not be everyone's cup of tea but his sentiments are important, was it last year or the year before that she was seriously distressed and released a cry for help on one of her social media channels? He's right in the sense that she was largely left abandoned by the industry over the years. Lot of hypocrisy via the industry and media today. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2023/jul/27/morrissey-sinead-oconnor-death

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on July 26, 2023, 08:37:59 PM
Quote from: Carnage on July 26, 2023, 07:05:36 PMSinéad O'Connor, just 56. Fucking gutted, mad as a hatter though she was I loved her.

Succinct and says it all for me too. The events of her life punctuated our own since as long as I can remember. Reckon there'll be a quare unofficial wake in The Harbour Bar in Bray tonight.

My old haunt. She had a house on Bray seafront didn't she? Rest in Peace, an amazing voice and admirable conviction in her worldview.

#527 July 27, 2023, 01:03:59 PM Last Edit: July 27, 2023, 03:03:44 PM by OpenSores
Sad news grew up with her music. I'd echo the sentiments expressed by Morrissey.

Quote from: OpenSores on July 27, 2023, 01:03:59 PMSad news grew up with her music. I'd echo the sentiments expressed by Morrissey.
I don't often agree with Morrissey, but he was spot on. They are all coming out of the woodwork today.

Not much to add but The Lion and The Cobra is a great album

James Harvey, former Goatwhore bassist, only 35

Quote from: leatherface on July 27, 2023, 12:56:58 PMShe had a house on Bray seafront didn't she?

Sorry, just saw this now. Yeah, she did, I think on Martello Terrace, just across from the Harbour.

William Friedkin, director of The French Connection, The Exorcist, Sorceror, etc.

87, a good innings.

Damn, my favourite director. Sorcerer and the Exorcist are my favourites of all time. Cruising and To Live and Die in LA are class too. 87 not too bad though.

I think I've only seen the three I mentioned and Killer Joe, haven't seen those others. I should rectify that. Friedkin Uncut is a decent watch, though.

Quote from: Carnage on August 07, 2023, 08:15:05 PMI think I've only seen the three I mentioned and Killer Joe, haven't seen those others. I should rectify that. Friedkin Uncut is a decent watch, though.

He has a few sleepers like Bug, Cruising, and Boys in the Band. Sorcerer is genius and the Exorcist a masterpiece

The sweaty tension in Sorceror is almost unbearable. Fantastic film.

Never seen it, must rectify that. If either of ye have seen it, what do ye make of Clouzot's film it's based on? (which I also haven't seen)

Completely forgot that Sorceror was him. Great film. The Exorcist is one of the greatest films ever made. Must check out some of his others.

I can take or leave The Exorcist TBH. The first time I saw it (on a pirated tape when I was about 15) I found it hilarious. Watched it with different eyes when it was released properly here, but I still find it only OK. I enjoyed the book more.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on August 07, 2023, 11:21:58 PMNever seen it, must rectify that. If either of ye have seen it, what do ye make of Clouzot's film it's based on? (which I also haven't seen)

Haven't seen it, it's on the list.