Quote from: Ducky on September 12, 2020, 10:23:31 PM
Dio's whole sthick was very carefully marketed to dragon loving dweebs.

Absolute bollocks.

Your absolute bollocks!
Ive no time at all for dragons but I feckin love Dios music.
Great guitars, great vocals, whats not to like?
Also, Its far from dweebs I was reared.

Who is arguing about Dio being cool? His lyrics are fucking shite none the less.

Been on a dio binge this week, listening to rainbow his solo work and heaven and hell. I'll realised he's like 3 song themes he just repeats through it all.

Evil lady's
Dragons
There's at least 2 or 3 lines that use the word 'rainbow' outside of actual rainbow.

Could still listen to his voice all day if he was singing the alphabet tbf

Shite!
Ill have to scrap this great song Im after writing so.
Its about running with an evil woman and a dragon to the end of a rainbow, only to find theres no gold there but instead a bunch of children someone threw away. Then this spider comes along and we all scream only for the spider to start playing rock and roll and as the lights go down we all realize its better in the dark.
I thought it had classic written all over it.

Sounds perfect to be honest

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on September 12, 2020, 11:06:51 PM
Quote from: Ducky on September 12, 2020, 10:23:31 PM
Dio's whole sthick was very carefully marketed to dragon loving dweebs.

Absolute bollocks.

Your absolute bollocks!
Ive no time at all for dragons but I feckin love Dios music.
Great guitars, great vocals, whats not to like?
Also, Its far from dweebs I was reared.

My balls have been called many things before, but never "absolute"...

What's not to like? I'm going with the unbearably shite lyrics? When you're a clean/traditional vocalist your lyrics need to be at least bearable shite. Imagine being blessed with a set of pipes like his and having absolutely fucking nothing interesting to say?

What about the guitars? Last time I checked it was talent like Iommi, Campbell and Blackmore who were playing the guitars. Had fuck all to do with the elven chucklefuck.

Allright, allright. Jesus, calm down man. You dont like Dios lyrics. message recieved.
All I said was that Im not into fantasy shite myself but that I like Dios  Magica album.
Id add that I also quiet like Killing The Dragon but ya might have a stroke or something.
are ya allright? are ya on your period or something? is there anyone there to rub your back? Perhaps a hot water bottle would help.

Were the wee scamp alive he would see tension rising here and, no doubt, counsel caution.

You could take the vast majority of metal and pull the lyrics apart. I'm listening to Type O here at the moment as a purely random example:

A cross upon her bedroom wall
From grace she will fall
An image burning in her mind
And between her thighs
A dying God-man full of pain
When will you cum again ?
Before him beg to serve or please
On your back or knees
There's no forgiveness for her sins
Prefers punishment ?
Would you suffer eternally
Or internally ?

Anything from BM to Death metal to whatever the hell you're into could be pulled apart with the same kind of derision. Ducky you're a big Seps fan no? It would be so easy to tear the majority of their lyrics to shreds. People who aren't into metal would go for those low hanging fruit always with me over the years. 'Oh god what's he singing about?' To which I'd reply 'Ah go away fuck ye boring cunt'.

Quote from: son of the Morrigan on September 13, 2020, 02:09:50 AM
Allright, allright. Jesus, calm down man. You dont like Dios lyrics. message recieved.
All I said was that Im not into fantasy shite myself but that I like Dios  Magica album.
Id add that I also quiet like Killing The Dragon but ya might have a stroke or something.
are ya allright? are ya on your period or something? is there anyone there to rub your back? Perhaps a hot water bottle would help.

I love how expressing one's opinion these days is seen as something being wrong with you. Guy on internet likes different things than you do - shocker!

Anyway chaps, horns up and all that metal shite!  :abbath:

#146 September 13, 2020, 01:18:20 PM Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 01:21:57 PM by Ducky
Quote from: Pedrito on September 13, 2020, 01:06:21 PM
You could take the vast majority of metal and pull the lyrics apart. I'm listening to Type O here at the moment as a purely random example:

A cross upon her bedroom wall
From grace she will fall
An image burning in her mind
And between her thighs
A dying God-man full of pain
When will you cum again ?
Before him beg to serve or please
On your back or knees
There's no forgiveness for her sins
Prefers punishment ?
Would you suffer eternally
Or internally ?

Anything from BM to Death metal to whatever the hell you're into could be pulled apart with the same kind of derision. Ducky you're a big Seps fan no? It would be so easy to tear the majority of their lyrics to shreds. People who aren't into metal would go for those low hanging fruit always with me over the years. 'Oh god what's he singing about?' To which I'd reply 'Ah go away fuck ye boring cunt'.

Pete Steele was at least a massive piss-taker. ToN are almost satirical at times with how they highlight the absurdity of metal.

Of course you can take apart the majority of metal lyrics and say they're shite, that's because they are (a lot of Seps lyrics included). That's why I said if you're a clean/traditional vocalist your lyrics should at least be passable - Dio is the focal point of anything he sang on, so it's kinda hard to ignore the lyrics. Someone like say Lord Worm with Cryptopsy - his lyrics are bollocks too but they're not the focal point of the song and are unintelligible anyway.

Edit - I'll give old Sepultura far more credit for their lyrics than anyone like Dio. Max was a young dude full of piss and vinegar singing songs full of piss and vinegar in his second language. His lyrics/message are tonally consistent to the music that they were set to.

Fair enough, as you say it's all opinions.

Quote from: Ducky on September 13, 2020, 01:09:36 PM
Quote from: son of the Morrigan on September 13, 2020, 02:09:50 AM

I love how expressing one's opinion these days is seen as something being wrong with you. Guy on internet likes different things than you do - shocker!

Ah I was only pulling the piss man.
Nothing at all wrong with you or your opinions, in fact from past post of yours Ive seen, you seem to very learned on the subject of all things metal and have very interesting views on musical matters.
Sure if we all liked the same thing this forum would make for some tedious fucking reading.

Anyway chaps, horns up and all that metal shite!  :abbath:

So what I'm taking from this discussion is that everyone agrees King Diamond writes better lyrics than, not only Dio, but Pete Steele and Max Cavalera too. This will certainly make "Them" happy  :abbath: