Often thought the same. I'd much prefer Mercyful Fate.

I think Conspiracy is as good as any MF. I even love the gammy lyrics, but let us not fool ourselves- they are utterly spasticated! I wouldn't want him to write any other lyrics than the nonsense he writes because that's the world he has conjured, for better or worse, but I'm under no illusions.

The lyrics to Conspiracy are quality, and I'll force a stethoscope down the throat of anyone who tries to say otherwise!

They are great in context. They are also ludicrous and unscary.

His granny makes a good cup of tea all the same

Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 04, 2020, 08:28:08 PM
Metal bands who try to write epic fantasy concept stories. I was reading an interview with Atramentus and the dude starts going on about the lyrical subject matter

Just come upon the blurb for that Atramentus album in ZT  ....cursed tale....nameless knight....granted immortality....perpetual torture....scorching cold blizzard winds, and my favourite of all ....A life destroying deluge :laugh:
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Such convoluted nothingness. I mean, grand,  whatever you're into and all that, but it all seems like vacuous twaddle to me.

Yep, there's always one that takes things too far eh
Wearing jeans and leather, not crackerjack clothes

Bands who name their demo MMXVI or something to that effect. So fuckin stupid.

Quote from: Thorn on September 11, 2020, 04:44:33 PM
Quote from: Eoin McLove on September 04, 2020, 08:28:08 PM
Metal bands who try to write epic fantasy concept stories. I was reading an interview with Atramentus and the dude starts going on about the lyrical subject matter

Just come upon the blurb for that Atramentus album in ZT  ....cursed tale....nameless knight....granted immortality....perpetual torture....scorching cold blizzard winds, and my favourite of all ....A life destroying deluge :laugh:

Id have to agree for the most part with ye lads, but what about Dio? Was only listening to Magica the other day and its a fupping classic, I even like the Magica story at the end, and I wouldnt be into that fantasy bollox at all.

I was before but I'm at a whole new level now.

Dio's whole sthick was very carefully marketed to dragon loving dweebs.

Absolute bollocks.