This was a good thread on MI.
People thinking that Behemoth are currently a black metal band.  :laugh:

Metal band photos, especially the ones where they're striking the metal pose and digitally superimposed onto a longboat or a volcano or wall of fire or some other nonsense.

#2 January 18, 2020, 10:46:22 AM Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:05:12 AM by Pentagrimes
People not reading the original post in forum threads before posting in them.

Also I'll go one further than Juggz: Bullet belts. Of all the ridiculous metal fashion accessories these are the lamest-you dont have a gun and unless you're Lemmy or Sarcofago in 1987,you look like an absolute twat. If you absolutely insist on wearing one then go the whole hog and wear a sombrero and poncho as well you fucking poser.

The utterly weird business like approach some (particularly Northern) bands on this island have. Treat your music like a product and itll be discarded as such because its utterly disposable. "Professional" metal in this country is ridiculous.

Quote from: Pentagrimes on January 18, 2020, 10:46:22 AM
If you absolutely insist on wearing one then go the whole hog and wear a sombrero and poncho as well you fucking poser.
Have to say I'd love to see a load of people in that get up at a gig  :laugh:

Hidden tracks tacked onto the last song of an album after a load of silence. Or demo/cover songs stuck on the end on re-releases that just completely ruin the flow of an album

Quote from: Trev on January 18, 2020, 11:06:43 AM
If you absolutely insist on wearing one then go the whole hog and wear a sombrero and poncho as well you fucking poser.
Have to say I'd love to see a load of people in that get up at a gig  :laugh:

Lads breaking out maracas and Mexican waves instead of head banging. It would be fantastic.

Ah here, bullet belts are savage.

The utterly weird business like approach some (particularly Northern) bands on this island have. Treat your music like a product and itll be discarded as such because its utterly disposable. "Professional" metal in this country is ridiculous.

Content provider!

#8 January 18, 2020, 11:37:54 AM Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:44:23 AM by Pentagrimes
Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 18, 2020, 11:32:42 AM

Content provider!

Might start a vlog to talk about how to do merchandising, and views on "the local scene". Rather than the actual music. Gigs are overrated,let's just have a sales conference lads.

That's another one,people who interview bands and  feel compelled to ask them  general questionsabout what they think of the Irish scene.

Jesus I've loads of peeves lads  :D. My biggest peeve is always my own ability to get annoyed about this shit though.

There's a certain band who's vlogs have provided entertainment for all the wrong reasons  :laugh:

Quote from: Eoin McLove on January 18, 2020, 11:40:59 AM
There's a certain band who's vlogs have provided entertainment for all the wrong reasons  :laugh:

Legitimately not sure who you mean but I can guess  :laugh:

Would that be a band starting with the initial T?

People not reading the original post in forum threads before posting in them.

Also I'll go one further than Juggz: Bullet belts. Of all the ridiculous metal fashion accessories these are the lamest-you dont have a gun and unless you're Lemmy or Sarcofago in 1987,you look like an absolute twat. If you absolutely insist on wearing one then go the whole hog and wear a sombrero and poncho as well you fucking poser.
I'll see your bullet belts and raise you pretend armour. The dragon will melt your plastic shoulder pads, lads.

Tech death Albums that clock in at over an hour long.

+1 for Bullet Belts. If you can pull them off, full support.

Reissues having bonus tracks in the middle of the album. What sort of buffoon thinks this is a good idea?

Incantation rip off #37828. Fuck off back to the cavern you came from.

Bands being more of a clothing line than a band. *Cough* Revenge *Cough*

As much as I love raw black metal, the "releasing a cassette on the third full moon of the year at the witching hour for 66 copies and shipping it with my own blood and cum for you to post on instagram and then flip for 3 times the price" shit needs to die real fuckin hard, real fuckin quick. It's been going on for far too long at this stage.