Was there for the day with a good gang of mates. Didn't think too much of Fangclub, Bokassa or Stiff Little Fingers.

Ghost played a good set although the sound was a bit low for them. I guess that's to be expected. Their setlist was good and the new songs sounded great live.

Metallica's setlist was a right joke as most people seem to agree on. That flurry of classics towards the end was nice though, great to hear One, Master of Puppets, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Creeping Death and Seek and Destroy all back to back! The sound for Metallica was great too, and I thought James' vocals were fairly on form... he seems to have dialed back on the crooning which can only be good news!

Also it seems they dropped The God That Failed from the setlist so they could but Whiskey in... would have much preferred the god that failed, one of the more under rated songs on the black album if you ask me!

Metallica are at that point in their career where they can play umpteen setlist variations like say ,for example, Bruce Springsteen can. They obviously can't keep everyone happy. I saw them in Vancouver in 2017 and they played Whiplash, Roam and Fight Fire, three songs I'm sure lots of you would have loved to see in Slane but you guys got Ride and Creeping Death which I didn't. Their encore is always a fast thrash song followed by Nothing Else and Sandman. You got Spit Out The Bone as the fast song, I got Fight Fire, some gigs they'll play Battery. I saw they played Disposable Heroes at one gig recently. You win some you lose some. I will say one thing, the opening with Hardwired is very well done and when that riff kicks in it really hits ya.

Springsteen has also played entire albums live,he doesn't stick rigidly to a cannon of about 30 songs which metallica seem to be doing on the entire hardwired tour.

Seems they helicoptered to Liscannor for grub and a look at the Cliffs of Moher the other day too

Quote from: Adler on June 11, 2019, 05:56:54 PM
Metallica are at that point in their career where they can play umpteen setlist variations like say ,for example, Bruce Springsteen can. They obviously can't keep everyone happy. I saw them in Vancouver in 2017 and they played Whiplash, Roam and Fight Fire, three songs I'm sure lots of you would have loved to see in Slane but you guys got Ride and Creeping Death which I didn't. Their encore is always a fast thrash song followed by Nothing Else and Sandman. You got Spit Out The Bone as the fast song, I got Fight Fire, some gigs they'll play Battery. I saw they played Disposable Heroes at one gig recently. You win some you lose some. I will say one thing, the opening with Hardwired is very well done and when that riff kicks in it really hits ya.

Aaaaaah, I forgot that they didn't play Roam. I have like 600 streams of tracks from the new album, but fuck dat shit.

Pro shot video of Whiskey:

https://youtu.be/9MNdOCQYOL8

PSA: If you go to Live Metallica and scan your ticket, you can download the show audio for free.

General consensus in our group is that we're done with Slane until AC/DC announce a date.
[/quote]

Yep that's my outlook as well!! Will it happen is the question....

Pro shot of One:

https://youtu.be/w_6pTwNIOx0

Lars is surprisingly tight (compared to normal). They sound as good here as they ever have.

Quote from: Bogmetaller on June 11, 2019, 09:04:30 PM

General consensus in our group is that we're done with Slane until AC/DC announce a date.

Yep that's my outlook as well!! Will it happen is the question....
[/quote]

You obviously didn't see ACDC at Aviva? Most boring gig I've ever seen, and totally full of twats, and that's coming from a huge ACDC fan.

Quote from: BobbyAxelrod on June 12, 2019, 03:41:15 AM
Pro shot of One:

Lars is surprisingly tight (compared to normal).

I've been very impressed with what I've seen. Maybe him using in ear monitors has helped with things

You obviously didn't see ACDC at Aviva? Most boring gig I've ever seen, and totally full of twats, and that's coming from a huge ACDC fan.
[/quote]

I was at it and still consider it the best gig I've ever been to- possibly because of me being in awe of seeing the band live at all. Didn't encounter much shithousery at that show nor at slane but I reckon I was just lucky.

Quote from: Bogmetaller on June 12, 2019, 10:23:53 AM

I was at it and still consider it the best gig I've ever been to- possibly because of me being in awe of seeing the band live at all. Didn't encounter much shithousery at that show nor at slane but I reckon I was just lucky.
[/quote]

Fair enough, always good seeing a band for the first time. Just felt for starters it wasn't loud enough, Aviva just didn't have a good gig vibe and Brian had his hearing problems obviously didn't help.

Quote from: BobbyAxelrod on June 12, 2019, 03:41:15 AM
Pro shot of One:

Lars is surprisingly tight (compared to normal). They sound as good here as they ever have.

Indeed, a surprisingly enjoyable performance, only Kirk sloppy as fuck as usual, first main heavy solo especially. Nice scream from Hetfield on "Please God NO!"

Lars really speeds up during the double kick bit

A bit off topic, but how about this for a setlist. From Peru in 2014

Battery
Master of Puppets
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Disposable Heroes
The Unforgiven
Lords of Summer
...And Justice for All
The Four Horsemen
Whiplash
Orion
One
Ride the Lightning
Fight Fire With Fire
Fade to Black
Enter Sandman
Creeping Death
Hit the Lights
Seek & Destroy

I downloaded the freebie boot of the gig from livemetallica.com (an excellent resource) and you can hear some genius clearly calling for Ride the Lightning twice after Halo on Fire ( i think it was), they'd already played RTL by that stage. :laugh: