Quote from: kiehozero on March 29, 2020, 03:22:37 PM
Just watching it now and they don't seem to want anything to do with each other. I know that's a massive stage but you normally see band members at least gesturing to each other one stage.

Hetfield looked like he'd rather be at home having a wank and Trujillo looked like he won a competition to be in a band.Lars was missing beats from the first tune.

Just had a flick through it.... Hammett's tone on the clean bits of The Unforgiven 🤢

"Papa Het"... Jesus wept. How much was it a pop again to have the privilege of watching this shit in person?

:laugh: Yeah, you don't get the full experience without being €100+ poorer too

Quote from: Ducky on March 30, 2020, 11:05:55 AM
Just had a flick through it.... Hammett's tone on the clean bits of The Unforgiven 🤢

"Papa Het"... Jesus wept. How much was it a pop again to have the privilege of watching this shit in person?

Incredible at that level really, both of them have a guitar tech each who does everything but hold the guitar.

It's a massive merchandising machine they have going there, and even though I enjoyed the gigs last year, maybe they should follow Slayer's lead and jack it in. If you watch the 'making of' series on YouTube of the last record, pay attention to the timer of the video when Hammett makes an appearance. There's some episodes where he doesn't appear at all, and it's regular over ten minutes between him showing up for a second or two.

They openly said he had fuck all involvement in the record as he had personal shit going on. Seems he literally just came in to throw some random solos on it and that's it.
www.dme-promotions.com
www.facebook.com/dmepromotions
www.instagram.com/dmepromotions
www.twitter.com/dmepromotions

Quote from: H on March 30, 2020, 01:39:29 PM
They openly said he had fuck all involvement in the record as he had personal shit going on. Seems he literally just came in to throw some random solos on it and that's it.

Weird I never saw that, I remember seeing an interview where he said he'd lost all of his riff ideas after he lost his phone, then Hetfield came out and doubted the whole thing.

They are slowly but surely turning into Anvil.......

Quote from: Ducky on March 30, 2020, 11:05:55 AM

I decided to stick this on, while I'm working, through decent speakers. Just got to The Unforgiven. Yeah... I mean... yeah  :laugh:

They mustn't be able to talk to each other again or offer any criticism to each other because there's no way they all thought "Yeah, that sounds great Kirk, use that sound"

Still just under two hours to go, FFS

If only he did have an off button  :laugh:

#193 April 01, 2020, 06:59:32 PM Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 08:42:35 PM by Carnage
I heard that this is getting an official release soon enough, doesn't seem likely if they're putting it up on Youtube though.

Edit: April 1st bollocks, apparently. Thankfully.

Quote from: Blitzer666 on April 01, 2020, 05:46:51 PM
You do have an off button.
It's interesting to check in on them every few years, painful as it is. It always amazes me that the same lads made Master of Puppets. They're now interesting as a human drama rather than as a band.