Superb gig great setlist taught they were unreal gold circle was a great job not over packed just perfect  , with all the 40k crowd figures being shouted about well that was completely wrong anyway place was well full surely well over 70k there great to see first and probably last time making the trip to slane as I'm sure no band I will ever want to see will play there again,  looked amazing once it got dark castle stage fantastic setting , the walk in and out of the place to and from buses is a farce especially after the gig , toilets joke the way they organize them , bar closed at 21.55 dont see the point in that ,

My 6th time seeing Metallica and it was easily their worst. Didn't get to Slane until late enough, so I was a good bit back, which made a huge difference to any previous times I've seen them I've been in the pit. Sound wasn't great where I was and that setlist was a bit shit. Not many around me had any interest for the new stuff. Did Hetfield apologise for the setlist at one point?

Highlight of the gig for me was watching the video of Cliff rocking out on the big screen along to Orion.

There were some really nice colours in the sky after the sun went down, and the lights for Nothing Else Matters was amazing! It's some spot for a gig.

Got a bus home from Slane for the first time ever. Fuck me it's some dose alright.

Great day out but I don't think I'll ever bother seeing Metallica again.

Quote1.   "The Ecstasy of Gold/Blackened"   
2.   "For Whom the Bell Tolls"   
3.   "Welcome Home (Sanitarium)"   
4.   "Harvester of Sorrow"   
5.   "The Four Horsemen"   
6.   "The Thing That Should Not Be"   
7.   "Bass solo"   
8.   "Master of Puppets"   
9.   "Fade to Black"   
10.   "Seek & Destroy"   
11.   "...And Justice for All"   
12.   "One"   
13.   "Creeping Death"   
14.   "Guitar solo"   
15.   "Battery"   
16.   "Last Caress"   
17.   "Am I Evil?"   
18.   "Whiplash"   
19.   "Breadfan"

This is a great setlist. A 10/10 setlist. Before any considerations of the actual performance, the setlist from last night can't rank higher than a very generous 6/10.

#109 June 09, 2019, 02:09:44 PM Last Edit: June 09, 2019, 02:16:43 PM by mk2glenn
I'd say if the weather had to have been better it would have been completely full. It was pretty packed as it was.

Setlist was dire. 5 from Hardwired, Whiskey, Frantic & Memory. It hasn't been this great on this leg in general but most other nights had 4 from Hardwired and no cover. Still enjoyed it and had a residents pass so I was in the car and on the road home at 11.40

Photos and clips doing the rounds on social media look good,for a brief  moment i regretted may be not going.First band i properly fell in love with as a young fella.

Over 70k is insane.Fair play to everyone that went.I had em doing 40/50k max :o.

Quote from: Cryptic Stench on June 09, 2019, 10:57:58 AM
Was there much response for The Hardwired stuff?

Seemed to be a decent response where I was. Bizzarely, Memory Remains got a way better response where I was than Ride the Lightning! Also, near me went nuts for Frantic.

I enjoyed them having never seen them before, also a band playing new stuff on a new album tour is a no brainer so I'm not going to complain about that.

Given the size and mixed ages of the crowd were people really expecting them to play stuff from the first 4 albums only?.

5 from the newest album is pushing it a bit for a band of that vintage. Don't think you'd catch many bands with that many albums behind them doing it.

New album is class and comes across great live ,  the tour is for the new album fuck sake of course there going to play 4 or 5 from it , great to hear some songs we hadn't heard live in years , they have so many good songs at this stage bound to be a few missing from any setlist they play , unforgiven was incredible , got in when stiff little fingers were on travelling down from the top to gold circle and you couldn't even hear the band until you were at least half way down sound was awful top half of field for them anyway probably not much better for ghost and Metallica

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer/2019/nurburgring-nurburg-germany-2b919076.html

Slayer's setlist from last night at Rock am Ring. One instrumental track from new album as intro music, one other track from it played to open... and that's it. 11 songs total from the classic albums.

Actually yeah, The Unforgiven was incredible. Was hoping the band would join in on Orion, but unfortunately they didn't.

Quote from: Black Shepherd Carnage on June 09, 2019, 03:57:38 PM
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer/2019/nurburgring-nurburg-germany-2b919076.html

Slayer's setlist from last night at Rock am Ring. One instrumental track from new album as intro music, one other track from it played to open... and that's it. 11 songs total from the classic albums.
Bit different though, Slayer are on their farewell tour and not touring and album. On the Repentless run they were  regularly putting four or five songs from it into their sets

Quote from: Shadowking on June 09, 2019, 03:25:04 PM
New album is class and comes across great live

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I needed a laugh today. Cheers. New album is class. Christ it's fucking abysmal in every way possible. Please keep the jokes coming.